• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I AM FABIO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Milan
Status (Visible)
it's just so hard to decline any of them even though i'm 99% percent sure i'll be going to Penn.

this is probably the roughest part of the application procedure for me... that is, deciding what ONE school is best for me.
:scared: :scared:

anybody else in a similar situation?

gsmithers68

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
At least start narrowing it down from 7 to like 3... or even 2... I understand comparing financial aid packages is a huge part of the decision. But holding 7 acceptances seems a little eccentric. Besides, I think you can only put 6 schools on the FAFSA anyways, correct? I dunno, just my 0.02.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Most people tend to have trouble deciding between two or three schools MAX. Im sure you can eliminate half of those acceptances on the tenet that you know you probably wouldn't go there. There are still many people on the waitlists, and I believe the courteous thing to do is to relinquish those spots so the waitlists can move.

About the Ads

sashie19

10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
Georgia
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm sure the people here who applied to the schools at which you're holding acceptances and don't plan to attend would really appreciate it if you would go ahead and decline a few of them. :D

Ladyfingers

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't think it is necessarily wrong and I'm sure you realize that you are holding 6 spaces that could make some other folks extremely happy.

I agree with the previous posters that maybe you could narrow it down a little (shave off a couple schools).

Congratulations on your acceptances by the way.

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
big_toolbox.png

foofish

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
it's just so hard to decline any of them even though i'm 99% percent sure i'll be going to Penn.

this is probably the roughest part of the application procedure for me... that is, deciding what ONE school is best for me.

Are the other acceptances equally as imaginary as Penn, since Penn hasn't accepted anyone yet? :laugh: Have you thought about Princeton?

If you start by narrowing your list down to schools you've actually been accepted to, it'll be much easier.

Reactions: 1 user

Towelie

Resident Towel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
Most people tend to have trouble deciding between two or three schools MAX. Im sure you can eliminate half of those acceptances on the tenet that you know you probably wouldn't go there. There are still many people on the waitlists, and I believe the courteous thing to do is to relinquish those spots so the waitlists can move.

This is garbage, IMO. I am in a similar position, and it is really hard to eliminate schools before hearing about financial aid. You earned those spots, so take as long as you feel you need to decide. Eventually, you will end up choosing 1, and the waitlists will move.

OP, how do you know you are into Penn when they have not released their decisions?

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
you're coming on a little too strong here. take lessons by searching the posts of some of our finest sdn trolls.

:sleep:

Reactions: 1 user

p9142

UR out of your element!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This is garbage, IMO. I am in a similar position, and it is really hard to eliminate schools before hearing about financial aid. You earned those spots, so take as long as you feel you need to decide. Eventually, you will end up choosing 1, and the waitlists will move.

OP, how do you know you are into Penn when they have not released their decisions?

I agree, eliminating schools before hearing about financial aid is stupid.

About the Ads

I AM FABIO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Milan
Status (Visible)
Are the other acceptances equally as imaginary as Penn, since Penn hasn't accepted anyone yet? :laugh: Have you thought about Princeton?

Ahh....

I'm a stellar applicant my friend.

perhaps Penn hasn't sent out the mass acceptance letters yet to the average folk. I on the other hand was accepted a while back

MadHopsMD

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2006
North
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

bring back your old avatar. your new one just makes me laugh

Ladyfingers

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ahh....

perhaps Penn hasn't sent out the mass acceptance letters yet to the average folk. I on the other hand was accepted a while back

Hahahahaha. A stellar applicant huh? That cracks me up (in a nice way).

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
Ahh....

i mean come on, contradicting facts with over-the-top statements, rather than something more subtle like inside information (a friend of a friend on the adcom)? this is just poor trolling that hardly entertains. please read up on the greats, get a new avatar, and try again.

DrZeke

yzarc gniog ylwolS
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
bring back your old avatar. your new one just makes me laugh
I like his current avatar. I think there was a general SDN concensus that the other one just made him look like a pompous ass :) LOL sorry Braluk just playin wit ya.

foofish

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i mean come on, contradicting facts with over-the-top statements, rather than something more subtle like inside information (a friend of a friend on the adcom)? this is just poor trolling that hardly entertains. please read up on the greats, get a new avatar, and try again.

No kidding. It's the subtle trolls that are much more amusing. Bah. :thumbdown: There's just no sport in a troll you can call out on the first post.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I like his current avatar. I think there was a general SDN concensus that the other one just made him look like a pompous ass :) LOL sorry Braluk just playin wit ya.

Haha its ok, ive had an overwhelming request to bring this avatar back. I only put up the old one because I managed to get in touch with several high school friends who perused through these forums and recognized my picture :)

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ahh....

1. we're not impressed
2. you're lying about UPenn
3. get a life

Anjlprincezz

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ahh....

i recently learned the definition of a troll (thanks braluk!) and i think you qualify! :D congrats!

p.s. did you join sdn just to tell us about your 7 acceptances?

WCGee

Super Awesome Person
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Wait until you get financial aid info.

About the Ads

cal_girl

10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm holding 6 acceptances... bcoz most of them don't require deposit. I'm withdrawing some pretty soon though.

GoLAClippers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
Status (Visible)

Are you sure you are not a FOB (instead of Fabio)? :laugh:

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005

i had 12 but narrowed it down. u can do it.

I AM FABIO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Milan
Status (Visible)
1. we're not impressed
2. you're lying about UPenn
3. get a life

Bro... I feel your pain.

I'd be pissed off too at the good fortunes of others if my only choice of med school was a crappy 3rd tier one.

nevertheless, keep your head up QuantumMech; I'm sure things will shape up for you

MirrorTodd

It's a gas.
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Bro... I feel your pain.

I'd be pissed off too at the good fortunes of others if my only choice of med school was a crappy 3rd tier one.

nevertheless, keep your head up QuantumMech; I'm sure things will shape up for you

Hahahahaha, so much arrogance and yet the troll copies the pre-med empathy almost perfectly. You must be really hungry.

I AM FABIO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Milan
Status (Visible)
Hahahahaha, so much arrogance and yet the troll copies the pre-med empathy almost perfectly. You must be really hungry.

This is about the 4 time I have read the word "troll" in this thread and I'm not sure what you all mean by it.

I just recently came across this student doc network and wanted to get some advice; that's all.

My sincere apologies if my good fortune has stirred up feelings of jealously and worthlessness in you folks

Koch

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
This is about the 4 time I have read the word "troll" in this thread and I'm not sure what you all mean by it.

I just recently came across this student doc network and wanted to get some advice; that's all.

My sincere apologies if my good fortune has stirred up feelings of jealously and worthlessness in you folks

just let it go buddy

sekem

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
dude this is worng!!!

About the Ads

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Make a list of pros [troll] and cons [troll]; compare the [troll] schools and narrow [troll] down the list. Revisit [troll] the schools [troll] and sit in some classes if you need [troll] further information [troll]. Best of luck on deciding.

:luck:

C

Critical Mass

I say that it is cool. :cool: You earned the right to take your time deciding.

The X-Ray avatar rocks!

MirrorTodd

It's a gas.
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

More food huh? You know, since you're a newbie, not everyone here is applying this app. season. As such, we have nothing to be jealous about. Secondly, why the hell would you have a bunch of acceptances make any of us feel worthless? I really want to keep this thread open and see how far the troll will play along before moving on.

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005

Troll score: 2/10 (one extra point for the fabio theme). Sad attempt. OP, tell your father to stop f$*#ing his sister, because inbreeding doesn't suit you, and it is simply disgusting.

I AM FABIO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Milan
Status (Visible)
More food huh? You know, since you're a newbie, not everyone here is applying this app. season. As such, we have nothing to be jealous about. Secondly, why the hell would you have a bunch of acceptances make any of us feel worthless? I really want to keep this thread open and see how far the troll will play along before moving on.

MirrorTodd

My dear friend... you are only fooling yourself. I know you are jealous just by the negative way you are responding to me.

But, it's all good. We're all going to be doctors in the end, right? Well, maybe not you and about half the people on this forum but at any rate... we should all be happy for one another, yes?

MirrorTodd

It's a gas.
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
MirrorTodd

My dear friend... you are only fooling yourself. I know you are jealous just by the negative way you are responding to me.

But, it's all good. We're all going to be doctors in the end, right? Well, maybe not you and about half the people on this forum but at any rate... we should all be happy for one another, yes?

According to you, we shouldn't be happy for each other. We should be jealous and have a feeling of worthlessness.

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
YES, i finally got onto a troll thread before it gets closed :D

msl2007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2003
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
LOL.

I already got my admission to Pen as well. Maybe it is us stellar non-US applicants who get in before all you dingbat americans?

Milan is no Pah-ree, but it is suitable. Zut, I cannot believe how jealous and worthless you all are, calling my heart throb friend a troll. He is obviously extremely intelligent and well meaning and will make a courageous and selfless doctor.

turkleton

Capeless Crusader
10+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You guys would never believe how enormous my penis is. I mean really, it's a monster.

:laugh: :laugh: That pretty much summarizes the entire thread rather eloquently.

MirrorTodd

Dear tool, as someone who's far closer to becoming a doctor than you are here's a bit of advice. You probably are a stellar candidate. But you're a tool. You probably do have 7 acceptances. But you're a tool. One of those acceptances is probably Penn, but.... dat's right... you're a tool. Oh right the advice... stop being a tool.

In addition, why would you go around on a pre-med forum where plenty of kids are struggling on a last bit of hope to get one acceptance in March and you title and start a thread the way you did. You should be happy and proud of your accomplishments, nor should you feel a any guilt for them. But seriously, announcing 7 acceptances and dangling them in front of others??? This is not a matter of humility... this is a matter of not being a douchebag.

Dr. Syzygy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

Brag much? :rolleyes:

I AM FABIO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Milan
Status (Visible)
LOL.

I already got my admission to Pen as well. Maybe it is us stellar non-US applicants who get in before all you dingbat americans?

Milan is no Pah-ree, but it is suitable. Zut, I cannot believe how jealous and worthless you all are, calling my heart throb friend a troll. He is obviously extremely intelligent and well meaning and will make a courageous and selfless doctor.

ahh...

Your reply warms my heart

Best of luck to you my friend

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

Why didn't you just title the thread "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!":laugh:

I AM FABIO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Milan
Status (Visible)
:laugh: :laugh: That pretty much summarizes the entire thread rather eloquently.

Dear tool, as someone who's far closer to becoming a doctor than you are here's a bit of advice. You probably are a stellar candidate. But you're a tool. You probably do have 7 acceptances. But you're a tool. One of those acceptances is probably Penn, but.... dat's right... you're a tool. Oh right the advice... stop being a tool.

In addition, why would you go around on a pre-med forum where plenty of kids are struggling on a last bit of hope to get one acceptance in March and you title and start a thread the way you did. You should be happy and proud of your accomplishments, nor should you feel a any guilt for them. But seriously, announcing 7 acceptances and dangling them in front of others??? This is not a matter of humility... this is a matter of not being a douchebag.

My apologies my African American friend

Perhaps I could have been more tactful in stating my dilema.

By the way... how's med school going at Howard Univ? I hope well.

Take care

mikeinsd

predictably unpredictable
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
honestly I am not sure why you guys even respond to this stuff - havent you ever seen cesar milan the dog whisperer... you are just validating his behavior and playing into his desire to have people pay attention to him, if you really wanted to help him, you would ignore any and everything he says, so he learns that the only way to draw attention to himself is in a positive way

thats really all these people want, is attention, and if you keep giving it to them, especially negative attention, well then they will rightly assume that the best way to continue getting attention is to continue to generate negative attention...

(actually this is mostly from the south park episode with the fake cesar, but i once saw a real episode, and i gotta say, the south park portrayal was pretty dead on)

Ladyfingers

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

I could not have said it better. Bravo.

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status (Visible)

oh dear, not the innocent bit. you're really embarassing yourself as a noob at trolling. please just leave it to the pros.

About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.