Is Kaplan online course worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

overtedge

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating on whether I want to buy the materials and study it myself or take an online Kaplan course in order to prepare. If anyone has taken the Kaplan online course or knows someone who has I would appreciate any input. It is a big investment so I want to make sure its worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the PCAT in June and I am retaking it in Oct. My score was not what I felt was competitive enough, so I decided to invest in the Kaplan program. I figured that my future/passion/dream was worth the ~$1200, so I invested. I have attended 6 or so classes so far and I have truly felt the classes are beneficial..at least to me. I am 35 (single mom with 2 jobs and a volunteer position) and have taken classes periodically throughout my college span and felt I needed the review and tips on standardized test taking, etc. I have to drive almost an hour and a half twice a week to take the Kaplan class, but in the end I think it will be worth my while!! I think that if you feel weak in certain areas of the PCAT and need the classroom/tutor setting with GREAT instructors, then you should invest in a program to help you achieve your goal. Pharmacy is my passion. I think it is well worth it and I know already that I will significantly improve my score in Oct and I haven't even retaken it yet. Geesh, I sound like I work for Kaplan...perhaps, I could make some marketing/commercials and get some of my investment back. Haha....nah, I will eventually get all my investment back once I become a pharmacist. :) Hope this helps.

I dunno about PCAT but I took the MCAT classes with Kaplan and if you think you can do it on your own do it on-line or something because the staff their gets lazy and yeah.... it sucks to see such a huge amount of money go down the tubes.