You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I say anything before July 4 is still early.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nope, july 3rdBubbleBobble said:I say anything before July 4 is still early.
Chankovsky said:Would I be out of the early cycle if I submit late june?
You are good to go, roger! 👍
Chankovsky said:Would I be out of the early cycle if I submit late june?
Request your transcripts NOW. Typically folks wait until they finalize their AMCAS before requesting transcripts. Keep in mind it takes (in my limited experience), about 3 weeks from when you send in your transcript request to actually getting an automatic notice from AMCAS that "we received all your transcripts".
~Tony
C
Chankovsky
what do you mean by getting verified?
Chankovsky said:what do you mean by getting verified?
it means they've received your transcripts. it's to make sure applicants aren't being lying ****** (or at least discourage it); your transcripts gotta confirm what you entered into your AMCAS. otherwise you know there's some people out there who'd try to pass as students with quadruple majors who've gotten straight A's in 600-level courses since they were in jr. high.
C
Chankovsky
how long does it usually take to get verified?
Chankovsky said:how long does it usually take to get verified?
If you didn't make any mistakes filling out the course work on AMCAS, it might take about 2-3 weeks from the time they emailed saying that they received the transcript. That's how long it took mine in July of last year. The longer you take to submit it, the longer it will take them to verify your application, since lots of people submit theirs starting August.
PS. Make sure you guys ask your schools to submit the transcript along with the print out from AMCAS (1 page where you fill out your name and is addressed to the AMCAS adress). That's very important. If they don't do that, you might have to resubmit your transcript.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted July 29th (verified August 30) and my last letter reached the office on Oct 8th. So, all of my apps were completed by Mid-October. I did alright as well. If your app is good, it will catch eyes no matter when it's submitted. You will be ok submitting late June 🙂
P
Premedtomed
Spitting Camel said:I submitted July 29th (verified August 30) and my last letter reached the office on Oct 8th. So, all of my apps were completed by Mid-October. I did alright as well. If your app is good, it will catch eyes no matter when it's submitted. You will be ok submitting late June 🙂
What about the interviews dude? When did that start?
So when should a guy submit if that guy wants to have an acceptance by October 15th? Like last week?
October 15th?? Well thats what im aiming for and i submitted yesterday. I think one more week. Anything after that may be pushing it for an early acceptance, as I predict that tons of April MCATers are just waiting for that score to come out to click the submit button...once that happens, good luck, because its gonna take much longer getting verified.
I'm itching to submit but I'm paranoid there's some little error I've missed. I think I'll submit tomorrow.
Also, have all your transcripts already been received?? If not, they will wait for them to receive all until they start processing you.
You are ahead of the game if you submit by early July. Most (meaning non-sdn informed people) wait for April MCAT scores to come back in late June before even starting the AMCAS application. So you're well in front of the initial wave of applications if you submit in late June.
Best of luck.
Best of luck.

I had my transcript UPS Next Day'ed on the 10th, hopefully AAMC will get them early next week.
Premedtomed said:What about the interviews dude? When did that start?
2 in November (back-to-back), 1 in December, 1 in January, 2 in February (consecutive weeks).
UCI was my last interview, last acceptance, and 1st choice all along!
Pinkertinkle said:I had my transcript UPS Next Day'ed on the 10th, hopefully AAMC will get them early next week.
I thought AMCAS only took regualr USPS... might want to check...
Hrm, I don't see that in the handbook. Where did you see it?
Hrm a quick investigation deems that people have successfully used UPS in the past. I also can't think of a reason why they should accept only USPS and not UPS or Fedex.
So I asked the Berkeley people to send the last transcript via UPS special delivery which costed me 30 some bucks, and finally after 4 days, it was finally deemed as "received by AMCAS." I am not trying to scare you all; just to let you know that AMCAS are completely irresponsible.
Pinkertinkle said:Hrm a quick investigation deems that people have successfully used UPS in the past. I also can't think of a reason why they should accept only USPS and not UPS or Fedex.
Maybe it's some schools don't like it. I remember reading somewhere during the app cycle that someone only wanted USPS... Nevertheless, very irresponsible of me to post without confirmation or solid knowledge. Happy Application Cycle!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 10K