Is LECOM cheap?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baszilion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear in different placed that LECOM is an exceptionally cheap school, but their tuition is 52k a year. Do they give a lot of financial aid or scholarships or something?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear in different placed that LECOM is an exceptionally cheap school, but their tuition is 52k a year. Do they give a lot of financial aid or scholarships or something?
It'll still cost you basically 100k a year before interest is calculated. With interest, tuition increases and loan origination fees, my calculations had it at $425k-$450k

So it's cheaper than some private schools, but it's not a cheap school

Your Cost of Attending the School of Dental Medicine in Bradenton - LECOM Education System

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of their calculations can be reduced. $6000 for food? Thats spending $16 a day on food. Health insurance? I'm already covered by my parents insurance so that expense doesn't apply. $14760 for rent/utilities in a year is equivalent to paying $1230 a month.

Use this excel sheet I found on sdn a while back and modify costs to fit your spending habits. LECOM would personally cost me roughly 317k after interest because my family is covering room and board

Attachments

• Dental School Cost Estimator.xlsx
    29.5 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cheap compared to expensive private (NYU, USC, Penn, Columbia, Harvard, NOVA, MWU-AZ/IL, UOP) and some public schools OOS. Expensive compared to UF and other public options.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of their calculations can be reduced. $6000 for food? Thats spending $16 a day on food. Health insurance? I'm already covered by my parents insurance so that expense doesn't apply. $14760 for rent/utilities in a year is equivalent to paying $1230 a month.

Use this excel sheet I found on sdn a while back and modify costs to fit your spending habits. LECOM would personally cost me roughly 317k after interest because my family is covering room and board
I agree with this. I mean even getting some roommates I'm able to get my rent costs down way low. It's nice that it's all included in the COA, but by no means do I plan to max out these loans.

Reactions: 1 user