Aug 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Currently, I am registered for

Organismal biology- 4 credits with lab
Physics I (algebra based)- 4 credits with lab
Anatomy and Physiology I- 4 credits with lab
Music Appreciation- 3 credits

I am entering my sophomore year, and previously I have only taken one science class per semester. However, I found those two semesters way too easy. Also, I will not be working during this semester, so I will have more free time to study.

eteshoe

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2016
Tethys, Saturn
Status
MD/PhD Student
IMO it's not too much but it will certainly take a decent amount of effort on your part in order to keep a decent GPA. Work smart and it's not impossible.

Reactions: Gilakend

medguy24

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2014
Personally, I would get rid of one of the sciences and add a 3 credit easy A course instead.
That way you can focus all your effort on the two sciences.
Don't transition from 1 to 3. Start with 1 to 2.
And remember GPA is king. Take the easiest course load you can to get the highest grades you can--that's what really matters.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: aSagacious
About the Ads

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Sounds like a pretty light load. Subject material doesn't look too challenging, the hardest part will be doing 3 lab reports a week. Good time mgmt and you'll be set.

Reactions: Gilakend

Gilakend

7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2012
Status
Medical Student
That's very doable.

Soccer171983

living the dream
7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2011
Las Vegas
Status
Attending Physician
Doable with good time management skills because some labs can be a bit more labor intensive. Hopefully your music appreciation is pretty easy and not intensive at all and you should be able to balance things pretty well. Don't cram and try to stay ahead of the game from the get go and it could be a pretty rewarding quarter.

Pagan FutureDoc

2+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2015
Status
MD/PhD Student
easily doable especially if music appreciation is easy at your school or you come from a music background.

But it's going to take good time management skills.

Welshman

He runs like a Welshman
2+ Year Member
May 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student
Anything is doable and people have done much harder things than take 3 science courses eth labs. The question is, is it smart? The answer is invariably no. If you don't have to take additional science courses at once don't do it. They're a huge time suck and often the harder classes. You're setting yourself up for an unfun semester.

Take an easy class instead or maybe passfail

About the Ads