Is November too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metwalln

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm submitting my application within the next two weeks and I took my Canadian DAT about 2 and half years ago. Some of the schools I would like to apply to don't accept DAT scores which are older than two years, and I would also like to retake my DAT to upgrade my score. Will it be too late to retake the canadian test in November? I would be more comfortable taking the Canadian DAT since that's what I'm familiar with but unfortunately this test is only offered in November. Or would you recommend I take the American DAT instead?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're really pushing it here. I'd first of all make sure you only apply to schools that accept Canadian DAT's if that's what you're set on doing. By the time you take the test in November, it will take 2 weeks for it to be updated on AADSAS, and you'll be finishing your application near December. At this point in time, most schools have already accepted a fair amount of people. I'd say wait for next year to save some money and heartache, and build up your stats in the process. That's my opinion though, some may advise you to go for it.

Hey folks,

I'm submitting my application within the next two weeks and I took my Canadian DAT about 2 and half years ago. Some of the schools I would like to apply to don't accept DAT scores which are older than two years, and I would also like to retake my DAT to upgrade my score. Will it be too late to retake the canadian test in November? I would be more comfortable taking the Canadian DAT since that's what I'm familiar with but unfortunately this test is only offered in November. Or would you recommend I take the American DAT instead?
IMO, cheese curd takes too long to melt. I prefer variety though. ;)

NMC2010 I will be submitting my application now with my current scores (19 bio, 20 chem, 18 PAT, 26 carving) and update the schools with my new scores later. Do you still think November is too late?