is OChem destroyer Odyssey worthy $$?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kate Lee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
Im about to purchase Destroyer cuz i've heard so many compliments about destroyer. But, there's a book called ocem odyssey and it costs about $150, right?
Since i'm so weak at ochem, i need more study materials that can help for solid foundation.
is it worth buying it??

Members don't see this ad.

I have not used this book, but a friend who did said it was excellent.

If you are weak at Ochem, it's probably a good idea to use, buy only if you have the time to go through it with a fine toothed comb.

i have the book, and i like it a lot. its very comprehensive with over 900 questions to test your knowledge.

I have Ochem Ddyssey too; Book has great explanations w/o extra stuff that usually all other college text books have and also questions to practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely not.
You don't need much of the information in Odyssey for your DAT OChem.

i agree, some information you don't really need for the DAT, but the OP stated that hers/his basic foundation is weak and therefore needs additional study materials. it's a great book with thourough explanations on a variety of organic chemistry topics, with a huge bank of questions to test your knowledge. the parts that you feel you dont need, you can omit, and you will still have a great amount of material to build your knowledge for the DAT from.

I own it too. I think if the information in DAT destroyer doesn't bring your OChem score, then consider it. It would take about 200 hours to get through the Odyssey. Not worth it IMO. Speaking of which, you wanna buy one for $100? j/k