Is Pediatric Radiology DO Friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

94hdogs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What the title says.

Members don't see this ad.

Basically IR is the only competitive fellowship that fills. Everything else there's more spots than candidates applying to them.

If you (a DO) want to do a peds fellowship, you'll be able to match somewhere if you don't have a ton of red flags.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I looked on FRIEDA and there's only 4 peds rads fellowships that have accepted DOs. Can DOs apply to both MD and DO fellowships? Is there even such a thing?

I looked on FRIEDA and there's only 4 peds rads fellowships that have accepted DOs. Can DOs apply to both MD and DO fellowships? Is there even such a thing?
Is one of them Boston Children's Hospital? It should be.

If even the premier peds rads fellowship has taken DOs, how can you imply that DOs are shut out of this noncompetitive field?

Last edited:
Emory has/had a DO peds rad fellow. It's not an issue. You can't find a bunch because there aren't tons of DO rads and there are even fewer trying to do peds. It's not because the programs don't want them lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Emory has/had a DO peds rad fellow. It's not an issue. You can't find a bunch becausw there aren't tons of DO rads and there are even fewer trying to do peds. It's not because the programs don't want them lol

This. And, groups affiliated with Peds hospitals are desperate for peds rads right now.

I think you'll be fine. My hospital is affiliated with one of the 'big 4' peds fellowships and they had somewhere in the ballpark of 25 applicants this year. You will match somewhere.