pediatric radiology questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theonlytycrane

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-I've heard a con is a lot of overnight fluoro call. Is this mitigated with a dedicated night team?

-Is it harder to get into private practice as peds?

-any other advice for or against peds?

happy thanksgiving week :)

Members don't see this ad.

-I've heard a con is a lot of overnight fluoro call. Is this mitigated with a dedicated night team?

-Is it harder to get into private practice as peds?

-any other advice for or against peds?

happy thanksgiving week :)

1) i think that depends on the size/subspecialziation of the group you're joining. I've worked in two >100 rads PP's and the peds rads certainly took overnight fluoro call. But in both instances it was part of their total amount of call and/or they were paid for it. If you're joining a smaller group, there may not even dedicated peds call. And no, it was not mitigated by a dedicated night team. A lot of our dedicated night team work remote and are also too busy to go in to do a peds fluoro case anyway.

2) No, it's not particularly hard to get a job anywhere right now in radiology. Everywhere is short. If you're willing to read a lot outside your specialty, I'm pretty sure anyone would take you.

3) Just general considerations for peds in PP: you will likely read a lot outside your specialty. You will naturally have lower RVU's (less CT/MRI) and may be endlessly dealing with productivity discussions.

Reactions: 1 user
Do it if you like it.

Reactions: 1 user