is premier review worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sport29883

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Wanted to know is Premier Review really worth the expenditure. Its almost $400. I've read some decent reviews about it, but cant one get a reasonably decent score using some other resources like UW, 123 review, and Crush the Boards/Master the Boards with Kaplan Step 2 CK notes?

Also anyone tried out the new 2009 Kaplan Step 3 notes? Ive heard theyve overcome the previous problems. Do let me know.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Wanted to know is Premier Review really worth the expenditure. Its almost $400. I've read some decent reviews about it, but cant one get a reasonably decent score using some other resources like UW, 123 review, and Crush the Boards/Master the Boards with Kaplan Step 2 CK notes?

Also anyone tried out the new 2009 Kaplan Step 3 notes? Ive heard theyve overcome the previous problems. Do let me know.

Thanks
If u want to learn some interesting facts and the most uptodate information then premiere review is good for that.But, one can never say how much that information is tested on the step-3 exam.So, I donot think premiere review is so much exam-oriented as they claim.But, it is a truth as well that once one starts reading premiere review he/she cannot resist to go over it again and again.
I have also heard much good about Master the Boards.
Good Luck.

Kaplan new Step 3 material seems very promising and don't forget to supplement it with Master the boards. If you like to listen to the lectures, Archer step 3 lectures are the best I have come accross. It gives you an outstanding explaintation of the concepts and very exam oriented. My UW average shot up from 54% to 72% after listening to these lectures. It is helping me on the wards too and made me a hero in front of my attendings a couple of times:)

forgot to mention, I found Archer very up-to-date with guidelines. I do not know if I can post a link here but here is a link that you can go to for thyroid nodule approach which I though was awesome - www.usmle3.com