China and Eastern Asia Is Resident Physicist useful for re-application ?

Started by Frankwong
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Frankwong

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied for studying medicine in the university of Hong Kong and Chinese university of hong kong last yr but I didn't have any interview.

On the other hand, a doctor in medical school says that he can accept me as a PhD student in Epidemiology and Public health. (To use mathematics to model an epidemic)

However, I still want to be a doctor. I am thinking to find a job in medical field such as Resident Physicist, and re-apply medicine again.

Actually I don't know study PhD or re-apply medical school is better. Could someone give me some suggestions ?
 
I am in HK. I choose to study in HK because normally hospitals in HK won't employ graduates from foreign countries.
Btw, I have already got a BSc and M.Phil.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see... As I understand,in the past, the competition was very keen( worse than any other countries), the percentage of getting in almost equal to ZERO for the best students b/c the schools just take the best of the best!!!! But the situation may change these days.I guess u can try again, but I would not rec. u to waste ur time focus on only 2 meds schools in Hk.Try other schools outside b/c definitely there are licensed foreign med. graduates practicing medicine in Hk. The system in Hk is to eliminate instead of providing opportunity.Hope this helps.