is screaming/shouting appropriate during an acceptance phone call?

davidae85

Canine Style
Oct 29, 2010
California
Status
Pre-Dental
I was just wondering if its okay to scream/shout in excitement? Or should I remain super calm and collective and professional and boring?

Jan 28, 2010
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
Im sure they would be really happy to hear your excitement. (to an extent)
Shows them you like their school!

Jun 3, 2010
Status
Dental Student
In my opinion, professional enthusiasm is appropriate...I personally wouldn't shriek with excitement...however, I'm sure that doing so wouldn't result in them revoking an acceptance:D

Feb 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
God, I would love the chance to scream at such a high pitch that I break an acceptance callers eardrums!!!! ;) probably wouldn't do that but you better believe after I hang up.. It's on!!!

I need to get off these forums, I'm struggling.

AJS11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2009
Florida
Status
Dental Student
I'm nearly 100% sure they wouldn't revoke an acceptance for any sort of excited screech. Just do their ears a favor and hold the phone away from your mouth as you scream. :D!

hopefulDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i would love for an opportunity to scream too! i'm a HUGE shrieker and i'm definitely going to shriek, scream and stomp my feet and cry and all the above if I hear good news...
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i can't concentrate....
i've got a final in 2 days and i couldn't even study during the break and today!!

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I think if I got a call on the plane and screamed and shouted, I would probably get arrested, so I guess I will be remaining calm.

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student
they're not gonna take away your acceptance if you scream in joy and they'll probably understand :) lol

good luck~!

Feb 4, 2010
Status
I think if I got a call on the plane and screamed and shouted, I would probably get arrested, so I guess I will be remaining calm.
They should arrest you for not turning off your cell phone lol...

I am not going to pick up my phone this way it could go to my voice mail so I can savor the moment and prevent myself from unexpected reactions lol

hopefulDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental

I am not going to pick up my phone this way it could go to my voice mail so I can savor the moment and prevent myself from unexpected reactions lol
oooh good thinking! ooooor....tap every phone call that comes in post dec 1st and record all your conversations. or if you can't tap your phone line say, "excuse me for a moment while I grab my recorder-i'd like to record this conversation for training purposes or quality assurance"

hahaha......ah what am i doing on SDN? i need to be studying.........

Feb 4, 2010
Status
oooh good thinking! ooooor....tap every phone call that comes in post dec 1st and record all your conversations. or if you can't tap your phone line say, "excuse me for a moment while I grab my recorder-i'd like to record this conversation for training purposes or quality assurance"

hahaha......ah what am i doing on SDN? i need to be studying.........
Lol I am with you man. I saved all my major project to this way so I can get something to take my mind off this waiting. Right now I am writing a 14 pg report x.x

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
I was just wondering if its okay to scream/shout in excitement? Or should I remain super calm and collective and professional and boring?
does it matter? its not like they are going to withdraw your acceptance "this kids too loud, forget it"

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental

I was just thinking about like right before take off or right after landing. Or I could use one of those in-flight planes haha.

Jan 20, 2010
Charleston, SC
Status
Dental Student
Screaming and shouting is definitely acceptable. However, GUYS, please make sure your Y-chromosome is expressed during your shouting fit, because i've heard adcoms have actually rescinded offers because the guys screamed like teenage girls at a Jonas brothers concert.

redchesus

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status
Dentist
Screaming and shouting is definitely acceptable. However, GUYS, please make sure your Y-chromosome is expressed during your shouting fit, because i've heard adcoms have actually rescinded offers because the guys screamed like teenage girls at a Jonas brothers concert.
This sounds like something you made up, actually.

NotPennysBoat

5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I just hope I don't start crying. :laugh: This day has been a long time coming, and if I get accepted the tears could flow.

Last edited:

Seahawk

Nothing to do here
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2010
Status
Dentist
I've heard they rescinded offers to people that were such tools they believed their friends when they told them incredibly stupid stuff like this.

;)