• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Zach90

7+ Year Member
May 31, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I got a 32 on my June 16th MCAT, and i know I could do better, seeing as how I had been scoring 35s and 36s on AAMC and Kaplan tests for two months before my real test. I am signed up to retake it August 12th, but I want to move it back to September 2nd. Is that too late for this cycle? I should be submitting my primary application this weekend.

Zach90

7+ Year Member
May 31, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Retake a 32???? That's like 88th percentile. LOL

lol yeah...i mean its only because 1) i was hoping to apply to top 25 schools and 2) i have very little research experience, so that is already a big negative, right?

About the Ads
Dec 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
No. It's late, but not "too late". You can certainly still apply this cycle. Just know that what you're doing is risky - there's not much of a gap between what you got and your perceived potential, which itself could not be entirely accurate for a number of reasons. It's possible to improve, but with a 32, it's also possible to do worse, which would make you look pretty silly in the eyes of admissions.

CodeBlu

Dream Weaver
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
The Ether
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
First... do not re-take a 32. Second... DO NOT retake a 32.

Jul 24, 2011
Status
dude c'mon 32! it's up to you, but I wouldn't retake. Actually, if you don't want your 32 I'd take it in a heart beat. Your 32 will probably not hold you back at a top 25 school but your little research experience might ( and that's a MIGHT).
One last thing, why would you put your self again in that beast MCAT situation when you have a score to be proud of? is it worth it? will a 35 make you a better candidate than a 32? what if you end up with a 31?

Dec 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
what about retaking a 30?
I probably wouldn't unless:

-It's horribly unbalanced - less than 7 in VR, for example
-You were consistently scoring high 30s on your practice tests, and you're going for top schools

About the Ads