Is taking biology and orgo at the same time a bad idea? Here is my problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexfoleyc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, Im a freshie and I had to register for classes for next semester. I couldnt register on time, because they blocked it since I had some financial issues. But now that Im registering, I noticed that ALL biology 102 classes are FULL! I was suppose to take chem 101 next semester, but that is also full! SO I was thinking about taking chem 101 and chem 102 over the summer and taking bio 102 next yr. Will that workout?.... Yes, there goes my summer!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, Im a freshie and I had to register for classes for next semester. I couldnt register on time, because they blocked it since I had some financial issues. But now that Im registering, I noticed that ALL biology 102 classes are FULL! I was suppose to take chem 101 next semester, but that is also full! SO I was thinking about taking chem 101 and chem 102 over the summer and taking bio 102 next yr. Will that workout?.... Yes, there goes my summer!

i think that'll work out fine.... just make sure you focus and don't mess up in the summer... it's easy to... i have a lot of experience in that! ;)

also, i've heard that medical schools automatically reject you if they get the news that you use the word "orgo" in public... it's ochem!!!

I would suggest that you start by talking to your advisor. After that, truly consider if you will be able to stay sane (and if they will allow you) taking chem 102/104 over the summer. Next, as a recent college grad, there is nothing wrong with taking a little longer to get through undergrad - an extra semester or an extra year. I had some of the best times of my life living with college roommates, and now we all wonder why we were in such a hurry to get out.

You have the rest of your life to live the rest of your life. One year here or there is not big deal.

Maybe you can use this semester to knock off a couple credits towards a diversifying minor (something artsy) or work ahead in other required courses so that you can study abroad. Remember, there is much more to an applicant than just grades - diversity and individuality go a long way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you have already done this, but I would go directly to the professor/instructor for the classes and ask them if they would allow you on the roster. I have done this several times with no problems...I think that most professors will agree to help you out.

Also, i've heard that medical schools automatically reject you if they get the news that you use the word "orgo" in public... it's ochem!!!

QFT :thumbup: