Is taking the MCAT next spring and applying that cycle unrealistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdubs1984

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I'm taking chem 2 this summer, orgo 1 in fall, orgo 2 in spring, physics 1 in fall, physics 2 in spring. I haven't yet scheduled biochem, should I be taking it after orgo? My graduation should be spring 23, so while the 2022-2023 cycle would be technically possible I'm not sure it is feasible. I'm a middle aged non-trad working a career and doing school full-time while volunteering, should I even consider trying to learn the MCAT material and take it in the spring, or should I just concentrate on my classes and aim for 2023-2024 cycle? It feels terrible at my age putting things off, since I have much less of my life left ya know? Anyways, I really appreciate any input, have a great day.

J

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Traditionally, biochem comes after orgo 2 (and some schools may even have orgo 2 as a prereq to biochem).

The MCAT is a beast of an exam and studying for it is like a full-time job.

I would advise to focus on classes and worry about the MCAT when your schedule clears up (or until you at least finish biochem). Remember, the journey to med school is a marathon. When it comes to medicine, an additional year is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: 1 users