Is the field becoming saturated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eyeball4lyfe

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like i'm already too late in the cycle to be picky and I spent a lot of money for this cycle too. I know for sure pharmacy is saturated, but I was just wondering if optometry is becoming saturated as well? Is it hard to find jobs out there? I've been looking around the forum but haven't gotten a clear answer and want to know what i'm getting myself into. Thank you for your responses!!
 
Thank you!! This helps a lot!
No it is not becoming saturated. If you are worried about saturation, there is always going to be cons for the other fields that are not saturated. Higher loans, depression rates, etc. Optometry is a good field to go in given the pros and cons.