is the first wave of applicants still going on???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flycd05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so i'm super worried about whether or not i'll be in the first wave applicants! i e-submitted my application on june 2nd. however i'm still waiting on a grade to submit my transcript b/c this stupid professor took freaking forever and messed up my grade so basically long story short, she delayed it and now im superrrrrr worried that i wont be considered as an applicant in the first wave! the grade should be up friday so that i can send out my transcript by monday June 23.

i've been hearing that people have been getting their gpas verified quicker than usual so hopefully that will be the case for me. however, what i'm really confused about is this: when is ur applicant position number determined...when you submit ur app online or when aadsas actually mails out your application to dental schools? b/c if its the latter of the 2, then i'm kinda screwed b/c the first mailings have already been sent out!

if anyone has any knowledge about this, it would really help me out considering i'm super worried about how i'm no longer considered early and i really really needed this considering my stats are below average (gpa 3.1 and dats 20)!!

thanks guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

Get it in as soon as possible. But as far as people worrying about whether their application is mailed this week or next week or the week after -- we're not even close to the cutoff for "early admission" At least 6 weeks more for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we should be fine as long as our apps are complete at schools by August?

I believe even as late as october. UMDNJ won't even bother looking at 2009 applications till around early aug/late july. they may get them from aadsas, but they arent reviewing them. they are still too worried about their current years applicants (ppl on waitlist)

flycd05, relax! Your application is considered early! Just make sure you have sent everything to AADSAS. Your application # is determined as you e-submit it. After you pay the fee, then your number is determined. Anyway, you're early so relax! If you're worried, then call AADSAS and see what else they need from you. Oh by the way, please don't call any professor "stupid"! Thats very disrespectful. I'm not trying to defend your professor, but calling your teacher stupid is like calling yourself stupid. Think, if a stupid person teaches you, that means you are even more stupid...right? Please don't take this as flame. I'm trying to help you here.
If your professor is delaying your transcript right now, come and talk to him/her. They know how important it is to have the transcript send out to other schools. Good luck!

Oh by the way, please don't call any professor "stupid"! Thats very disrespectful. I'm not trying to defend your professor, but calling your teacher stupid is like calling yourself stupid. Think, if a stupid person teaches you, that means you are even more stupid...right?

I just thought this part was funny...

I can tell you with certainty (i applied 3 times in a 4 year span, so i know the process better than i would've liked, lol)... you will definitely still be considered an early applicant. I'd say August/september is the unofficial cutoff for being an early applicant. When schools start to send out invitations for the very first interviews is about when you'd want all of your stuff in by... and that is around august. Also, i believe that the AADSAS mailings are done every 2 weeks... usually on mondays, as stated before. If you can get your transcript sent out by the 23rd... you'll be in a good position.

thanks everyone for your feedback, i really appreciate it :)

so the process got done a lil quicker than i expected maybe cuz i've been harassing them all week haha so on that note, my transcript is getting sent out tomorrow! thanksssss guys

My thanks also.

I just logged in with this exact question in my head.

I'm still dealing with the application. And it's nice to know I'm not alone. My transcripts requests have been faxed, LOR are waiting and ready -- but I can't finish this online application. I'm giving myself until Friday dammit.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... :)

Hang in there my fellow comrads!