Is the Kaplan course worth taking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lavenderhearts

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm asking this question because most people are using Dr, Collins PCAT study to study with for the PCAT and that is what I want to use. But my teacher thinks Kaplan is better because it is proven that you willl get a higher score with the Kaplan course and I already had a taste of the course before and I have decided thats not what I want to do. The only reason I'm taking the course is because she's paying for it.
 
Hi everyone,

I'm asking this question because most people are using Dr, Collins PCAT study to study with for the PCAT and that is what I want to use. But my teacher thinks Kaplan is better because it is proven that you willl get a higher score with the Kaplan course and I already had a taste of the course before and I have decided thats not what I want to do. The only reason I'm taking the course is because she's paying for it.

If its anything like the Kaplan book then I would say no. But if someone else is paying for it then go for it. But if I had to choose between Kaplan or Dr.collins I would absolutely choose Dr. Collins.
 
If its anything like the Kaplan book then I would say no. But if someone else is paying for it then go for it. But if I had to choose between Kaplan or Dr.collins I would absolutely choose Dr. Collins.

This. If the Dr Collins is offered anywhere near driving distance from you, take it. You won't regret it.
 
Don't waste the money on Kaplan. Dr Collins is only true representation of the real thing. Nothing else compares. How many people does it take to stop these threads about anything other than Dr Collins
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
agreed. I've taken the kaplan course (or rather I was pushed into it). It's not worth the ~$1000 to take the course in my opinion, although I do admit that practice tests were helpful.
 
Hi everyone,

I'm asking this question because most people are using Dr, Collins PCAT study to study with for the PCAT and that is what I want to use. But my teacher thinks Kaplan is better because it is proven that you willl get a higher score with the Kaplan course and I already had a taste of the course before and I have decided thats not what I want to do. The only reason I'm taking the course is because she's paying for it.

I took the PCAT and decided to take the Kaplan course before a retake. It boosted my scores significantly. It worked for me and the majority of people that took it. The only thing is that it is a chunk of change. If you would like to know specifics of what categories improved private message me. Good luck!