Is the kaplan score a good predictor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Markovnikov

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went to the free Kaplan walk-in Wednesday exam for the PCAT diagnostic exam.
Verbal 391
reading 387
biology 378
quant. 408
chemistry 434
overall 399

The kaplan person was reading from a book telling me that the average score for people accepted to at least one school was a 413. I was wondering if any one else took this exam before and if it was accurate in predicting their actual PCAT score. Any rough estimate as to what these raw scores would be as percentiles?

Thanks!
 
I'm not sure if Kaplan is a good predictor, because I found the questions to be very different from the actual exam. Kaplan was actually harder, in my opinion... but then again, I took the Kaplan practice before I did any studying. That might have made a difference ;p
 
Markonikov, add the Kaplan information to the side that has more practice problems. Break down the double bond of practicing from only one book, and there you go your result is a Alkane Pcat.

Meaning the more u practice the more things u see and the more chances of doing good PCAT.

It all boils down to Zaitsev's Rule :meanie:
 
Markovnikov, I am interested in learning more about these free Kaplan walk-in Wednesday exams??

How can I sign up?? How do I know what locations they offer the exam?? Do they let you keep the exam and review the questions that you got wrong??
 
I would recommend using the kaplan website or calling kaplan. They let you keep the practice exam and have explanations for the correct answers. You don't need to sign up, just show up on Wed. between noon and 3 and they will guide you. It's totally free to take but they will advertise their kaplan pcat course to you afterwards for a few minutes.