Is the score scale for Kaplan FLs correct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilspark

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that you can miss as many as 20 and still get a 10? is kaplan way off or does it somehow correlate with AAMC tests? Any input...?

Members don't see this ad.

If you do a search y ou can find alot about this topic

BUt i think the consensus is even though the curve is more forgiving the questions are harder, and your end score should be about the same.

Most ppl have seen that their kaplan and their AAMC scores are within the same ballpark, with some scoring higher on kaplan, but some scoring lower

O and when taking Kaplan Verbal, take your score witha grain of salt, kaplann and aamc are way dif

I agree, I think the Kaplan tests are more difficult, leading to a more lenient curve.

thanks very much, I was getting a little worried there, also is the verbal for AAMC tests harder than kaplan ( I can't imagine) or are they just different? I have taken CBT 9 and 10 and score relatively the same.

Ehhh, idk, Personally I think the questions On Verball are harder for AAMC, but the passages are about the same

I would say the AAMC verbal is a better predictor though