Is the USNWR Residency Director score something I should factor into my decision making process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

subdermallight

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear these scores (these scores ) are based on flimsy data from a few surveys. But it’s all heresay and I’m not sure how much weight to give this if anything? I am interested in picking between a 3.1 and 3.3 school and a ~2 school (middle column number).
 
No. They suffer from sample bias, regional bias (especially for newer schools / schools without big-name undergrads), and only PDs from a select group of specialties are surveyed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad