1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Is there a better of the two: Drexel, Temple?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by benfolds21, Nov 28, 2005.

1. benfolds21

benfolds21 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So yeah...is there a better of the two....

anyone have any opinions? let me know...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Hmmm, Dremple or Texel....
    Depends on what you value. The curriculum, cost, the feel of the school? Which one gave you a better feeling? Which one had an environment that you liked better? Personally, I like Temple, just because they haven't fired John Chaney. Admit it, a lot of schools would have let him go because of his outspoken views. I like a school that will stand up for one of their own.

4. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I interviewed at both schools, got into Temple, and Waitlisted at Drexel (but I'm not going to either)-

I liked them both, Temple seems a little better, Drexel is probably a low-tier school (if there is such a thing).

If I had to pick, I'd pick Temple. But that's just my opinion.

5. werd

werd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i'd pick drexel... both have their problems, but when i interviewed at temple i thought i was going to get shot just walking to the admissions office, and then again walking to my interview. i was unimpressed with the student tour guides, my interviewer, and the maintanence of the hospital. the students said they all used drexel's or jefferson's library bc their own wasn't good. i had a positive interview experience at drexel, which seemed more on top of things and had happier students and a nicer hospital and med school. also, a number of drexel students live near the med school, while i was told most temple students don't dare live within walking distance of the school. just my experiences during my 6 hours at each. didn't end up at either of them.