1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is there a better of the two: Drexel, Temple?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by benfolds21, Nov 28, 2005.

1. benfolds21

benfolds21 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So yeah...is there a better of the two....

anyone have any opinions? let me know...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Hmmm, Dremple or Texel....
    Depends on what you value. The curriculum, cost, the feel of the school? Which one gave you a better feeling? Which one had an environment that you liked better? Personally, I like Temple, just because they haven't fired John Chaney. Admit it, a lot of schools would have let him go because of his outspoken views. I like a school that will stand up for one of their own.

4. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I interviewed at both schools, got into Temple, and Waitlisted at Drexel (but I'm not going to either)-

I liked them both, Temple seems a little better, Drexel is probably a low-tier school (if there is such a thing).

If I had to pick, I'd pick Temple. But that's just my opinion.

5. werd

werd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i'd pick drexel... both have their problems, but when i interviewed at temple i thought i was going to get shot just walking to the admissions office, and then again walking to my interview. i was unimpressed with the student tour guides, my interviewer, and the maintanence of the hospital. the students said they all used drexel's or jefferson's library bc their own wasn't good. i had a positive interview experience at drexel, which seemed more on top of things and had happier students and a nicer hospital and med school. also, a number of drexel students live near the med school, while i was told most temple students don't dare live within walking distance of the school. just my experiences during my 6 hours at each. didn't end up at either of them.