Is there a web site that shows avg USMLE scores per med school ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aNewManEveryDay

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a web site that shows avg USMLE scores per med school ? That would be a very useful site !

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. In fact, I don't think you'll ever find an offical list of USMLE scores for every med school. If you're really interested in the scores, you can search SDN... i know there have been threads where med students have posted the average score for their school.

You know, apparently the AAMC has some survey w/ a whole bunch of seemingly useful information in order to compare medical schools (the Medical School Profile System??). Conveniently though, only people affiliated with "AAMC member institutions" have access to the information. Why do they need to make it SO difficult for us to find this information? It's like the AAMC doesn't want us to make an informed decision. No respect, I tell you, no respect.

Members don't see this ad :)
soprano said:
You know, apparently the AAMC has some survey w/ a whole bunch of seemingly useful information in order to compare medical schools (the Medical School Profile System??). Conveniently though, only people affiliated with "AAMC member institutions" have access to the information. Why do they need to make it SO difficult for us to find this information? It's like the AAMC doesn't want us to make an informed decision. No respect, I tell you, no respect.

http://www.amsa.org/premed/medsurvey/

Seems like a password is not required to view this. Is this what you were refering to, soprano?

RangerD said:
Looks like this is password protected...do you have an idea on how to access it with having a p/w? :confused:

we can't... that was the point. A lot of the information that we might find useful when making our decisions, but we can't find easily, seems to be in this survey. But you can't access it unless you're part of an "AAMC member institution" (ie, admin/faculty at a medical school). I'd love it if the AAMC made it easy to find the information that will affect our lives and careers, but I guess that's too much to ask.