is there a website gathering all pre-vet basics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Balmytigeress

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a website that has all the basic info in one place? I mean prerequisities, charts comparing aspects of all vet schools (cost, rank, etc). I'm in a hurry at the moment so I don't have time to draft the kinds of things I'd like to find all in one place. Essentially what I'm looking for is a sort of a one stop shop for pre-vet people (rather than going through all the websites).

BT

Members don't see this ad.

some people have made files about that sort of thing but I think your best bet would probably be to go to to www.aavmc.org then in the "applying to veterinary school" link there is a place that says "school specific requirements". You'll have to go through each school you're interested in but its easier than going through each schools individual websites.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, besides that book... have fun searching thru multiple sites. it sucks. i did it last year before i bought the book until i became so frustrated i decided to buy it

Yes, there is! I'm currently on the exec committee for the American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association (APVMA), and our webmaster recently made an entire (wonderful) document with all of the pre-req's together! You can find it at:

http://www.apvma.us/vetapps.html and Click on Vet Admissions Requirements.

It includes pre-reqs, minimum GPA requirements, GRE tests needed, common GRE scores of admitted students, and information regarding supplemental appications. It's a great document that should really save you a lot of time!!

FML, why wasnt this around BEFORE I applied???

Yes, there is! I'm currently on the exec committee for the American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association (APVMA), and our webmaster recently made an entire (wonderful) document with all of the pre-req's together! You can find it at:

http://www.apvma.us/vetapps.html and Click on Vet Admissions Requirements.

There's no supplemental needed for UC Davis. There are optional essays but none of them are veterinary experience - one is for career diversity and one is for disadvantaged individuals.

i think it's also important to note that UTK requires a complete biochem course...so if the course is split into two semesters, both semesters are required which is more than 3-4 hrs (which i believe is what's listed on that spreadsheet).

I don't suppose anyone know of a similar chart for vet tech programs...specifically distance education programs. I'm curious which one is the most rigorous, and which one is the least expensive....

Not sure we'd know much about that here. I;d imagine there's a vet tech forum out there somewhere. Though it surely would not be as cool as this one :hungover:, maybe it would be a better place to ask?