Is there an advantage to interview early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rogerpc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an interview invitation from UPenn. The email says the interview is held every Thursdays and Fridays starting from September. I need to call them to set up a date.
I also got an invite from Touro, just two hours away driving from UPenn. Touro's interview doesn't start until November.
I live in the West coast.

My question is: Should I schedule my Upenn interview in November so I can also go to Touro's interview in the same trip? Or should I do the Upenn interview in September since there is an advantage?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an interview invitation from UPenn. The email says the interview is held every Thursdays and Fridays starting from September. I need to call them to set up a date.
I also got an invite from Touro, just two hours away driving from UPenn. Touro's interview doesn't start until November.

My question is: Should I schedule my Upenn interview in November so I can also go to Touro's interview in the same trip? Or should I do the Upenn in September since there is an advantage?

Random question, but did you receive the Penn interview today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say before Dec 1st is pretty much the same.

My question is: Should I schedule my Upenn interview in November so I can also go to Touro's interview in the same trip? Or should I do the Upenn interview in September since there is an advantage?

go to ur interview asap. dont push back. and touro is a brand new school u can ditch this interview given u have upenn interview, you probably will score others (your good stats)

Reactions: 1 users
go to ur interview asap. dont push back. and touro is a brand new school u can ditch this interview given u have upenn interview, you probably will score others (your good stats)

if it all the same, why should op go to his interview asap? just curious?

Go to your Penn interview. It's a great school and they may decide to offer you a seat before your Touro interview even comes around. Of course you won't know this until December 1st. It sucks that you would have to fly twice, but that's just how it is. It's all part of the process.

if it all the same, why should op go to his interview asap? just curious?

you are probably confused me with another user (who commented above me). I said the earlier the interview the better.

reason?

earliest birds get the worm.

you are probably confused me with another user (who commented above me). I said the earlier the interview the better.

reason?

earliest birds get the worm.

Wouldnt it be better to interview last so you can leave a last impression on the committees. You are fresh in their minds vs someone that interview 2 months before you.

why do you suggest to do the interview asap?

Thanks in advance**

Wouldnt it be better to interview last so you can leave a last impression on the committees. You are fresh in their minds vs someone that interview 2 months before you.

why do you suggest to do the interview asap?

Thanks in advance**
according to what I know, the admission committee meets biweekly and fills the class as it goes then after each interview session. They dont meet up on like, Nov 25th to fill the class of 100 seats in a conference meeting. so interviewing earlier means the unfilled seats in class are more, interviewing later means the unfilled seats in class are less. However, as long as it is before mid november, it is considered generally good but you should strive to go to interviews as early as possible. and dont worry about them forgetting you. they take down a bunch of notes after each interview or they even grade your interview so they won't ever forget you. just try your best performance on interview day.

not to mention, in late October and november, the weather becomes flaky and a lot of storms and flight delay will make you become anxious. Plus tickets will be more expensive as thanksgiving day draw nears. Flying out in september or Oct is the best.

Reactions: 5 users
according to what I know, the admission committee meets biweekly and fills the class as it goes then after each interview session. They dont meet up on like, Nov 25th to fill the class of 100 seats in a conference meeting. so interviewing earlier means the unfilled seats in class are more, interviewing later means the unfilled seats in class are less. However, as long as it is before mid november, it is considered generally good but you should strive to go to interviews as early as possible. and dont worry about them forgetting you. they take down a bunch of notes after each interview or they even grade your interview so they won't ever forget you. just try your best performance on interview day.

not to mention, in late October and november, the weather becomes flaky and a lot of storms and flight delay will make you become anxious. Plus tickets will be more expensive as thanksgiving day draw nears. Flying out in september or Oct is the best.

wow that really clarifies it for me. Thank you so much for your input!

wow that really clarifies it for me. Thank you so much for your input!

no problem. you don't delay completing applications for the same reasons you don't delay attending dental school interviews.

book the earliest interview, check expedia for bundled rental car + hotel + flight, it is like 400$ to fly from coast to coast so its pretty reasonable.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
no problem. you don't delay completing applications for the same reasons you don't delay attending dental school interviews.

book the earliest interview, check expedia for bundled rental car + hotel + flight, it is like 400$ to fly from coast to coast so its pretty reasonable.

Thanks! Looks like I need to start bookinggg

Yea i planned to drive to all my interviews that are less than 10 hours away. It too expensive to fly, hotel, and rent a car for every interview.

Yea i planned to drive to all my interviews that are less than 10 hours away. It too expensive to fly, hotel, and rent a car for every interview.

are you on the east coast?

Would you say there is a difference between interviewing on 9/13 and interviewing on 9/30?

I rescheduled UPENN so I could do Columbia the day after. I even told my interviewer so and I got into both.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I rescheduled UPENN so I could do Columbia the day after. I even told my interviewer so and I got into both.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
What dates are your interviews?

Pushing the interview when it is more convenient might be viewed as ambivalence.