Is there an excel sheet or website that shows which DO schools hard-screen gpa and MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetMeInnn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I am wondering if there is a compiled list somewhere that shows which DO schools do a hard-screen on MCAT subsections and GPA. I ask because I completed a succesful post-bacc (30 science units of 4.0)l but due to the number of credits I have taken, I am now only at a 3.1 sGPA and 3.18 cGPA. I would like to not waste any money on an application that will be automatically thrown out.
Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

As the title suggests, I am wondering if there is a compiled list somewhere that shows which DO schools do a hard-screen on MCAT subsections and GPA. I ask because I completed a succesful post-bacc (30 science units of 4.0)l but due to the number of credits I have taken, I am now only at a 3.1 sGPA and 3.18 cGPA. I would like to not waste any money on an application that will be automatically thrown out.
Thank you in advance!
What's your MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure a list exists and would be useful, but don't let it restrict you because extenuating circumstances often lead to laxity. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure a list exists and would be useful, but don't let it restrict you because extenuating circumstances often lead to laxity. Best of luck!
Yeah someone just linked me the list. While I do agree, some schools will automatically throw out your app if it doesn't mean a certain requirement unfortunately.

Yeah someone just linked me the list. While I do agree, some schools will automatically throw out your app if it doesn't mean a certain requirement unfortunately.

True. I think if it's a place you really like though or you have connections to, it may be worth just throwing an application in and attempt to explain extenuating circumstances, not every place but potentially 1-2 you like because I know the application fees suck. Best of luck!

True. I think if it's a place you really like though or you have connections to, it may be worth just throwing an application in and attempt to explain extenuating circumstances, not every place but potentially 1-2 you like because I know the application fees suck. Best of luck!
You are absolutely right. Thank you, and good luck to you as well in residency!

Don't apply to VCOM's - they screen you out at a 3.2

Newer schools will be more forgiving of such a low GPA. Target them.

Don't apply to VCOM's - they screen you out at a 3.2

Newer schools will be more forgiving of such a low GPA. Target them.

Depending on if the OP has over 140 credit hours, VCOM will recalculate the last 120 credits so if OP has above 3.2 in the last 120 they will be good!

Might have to do it the hard way ie check admissions requirements on websites and/or email individual schools. Think of it this way- they will be happier to answer a short email from you now than process part of an app before realizing they will auto-reject.

Depending on if the OP has over 140 credit hours, VCOM will recalculate the last 120 credits so if OP has above 3.2 in the last 120 they will be good!
Thank you, this is very helpful as it applies to my situation!