Is there any hope???

Started by halifax
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

halifax

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

How are you guys/girls? I am in a quandry!!! I am a FMG currently doing my prelim year in IM and I decided to reapply( I had tried last year without success) again to neurology this year a bit late (3rd week of september) and by the time i got 3 of my LOR's uploaded in ERAS it was the 18th of October!!!! my PD's LOR got uploaded finally today, I have very good LOR's I believe and unfortunately I don't have prior research experience in Neurology, now I have been getting rejections only, have got around 10 so far and yet to receive a single interview call, my PS has been checked by my associate PD and a couple of my pals and its fine, now what do I do? I know my application went in too late and the fact that it was incomplete until 17th of october, how do I go about now??? I am clueless as to what to do next....this is compounded by the fact that there is no neuro residency where I am currently training, otherwise I have got good scores and a ton of experience in internal medicine.....I have actually reapplied so that i will be doing a prelim year again, i actually don't mind that as long as I can get a neuro spot....is there any hope should i be doing anything more now???? All advice will be very much appreciated, cheers, bye.😕😕😕
 
Call Mount Sinai and ask them if they have a spot available for 2008 - I am trying to get them to release me from my contract, so they may have a spot open. Just FYI. I'm switching specialties
 
Hi Transferring08,

Thanks a ton for that info and all the very best to you, thanks.
 
I did speak to someone at neurology in Sinai, they sounded shocked and insisted I tell them where i heard this from, i just said that I heard it in some website which is unofficial, she finally denied any vacancies..........for 2008.