Is there any reason I need to keep my Calculus textbook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LonghornMD

Class of 2016
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finishing up my first semester back in school full-time. I took Calculus I and don't need to take any more Calculus this time. :thumbup:

I was just wondering if there is any reason I should keep my textbook for later use. I thought I heard that MCAT does not have any Calculus. I could be mistaken though. I would appreciate your feed back very much.

Thank you very much for your response in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any reason I need to keep my Calculus textbook?

Nope.

If you are not taking calculus-based physics, no.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you need a good door stop, absolutely not.

I kept my calc book... but I was a math major and its the best calc book ive seen to date..

I also kept linear algebra and advanced statistics. Is that weird?

Unless you need a good door stop, absolutely not.

I used my old math texts and some milk crates to prop up my college dorm room bed...best use of it ever....I did algebra based physics so no calc ever!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never throw away my linear book! :)

you could put it on your shelf to show people how smart you are.

I still have my calculus book. Intro Calculus doesn't change (unlike bio books) so I like having it around as a reference.

I still have my calculus book. Intro Calculus doesn't change (unlike bio books) so I like having it around as a reference.

Blasphemy! Every subject everywhere completely changes every 2-3 years. Why else would they put out brand new textbooks for us to buy???