Is there any reason?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peetie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm struggling to come up with a reason. I've been accepted at Ohio State, waitlisted at a couple other schools I'm really interested in. MCW and NYMC just sent me interview invites (I applied to both these schools because they seem to have high acceptance rates for my University). I initially thought, hey, I've got a columbia interview coming up. I'll just do that and NYMC at the same time. Called NYMC up: no dice. They're booked until April.

So my question is: Is there a good reason to go to the MCW or NYMC interviews? I don't know that much about either school - except that Columbus sounds better than Milwaukee. Should I even go?

Thankamundo!

Members don't see this ad.

I guess it depends. Do you have the time and finances to go to these interviews without causing yourself hardship? Are you unlikely to pick either of those schools over the ones you have been accepted at/waitlisted at? What are your criteria for the school you want to attend? How do these schools match up compared to the others?

Its hard to make a call on this. I went on two interviews after being accepted at schools that I preferred and found myself very impressed with both schools. Even though I didn't choose either of these schools, I was glad I went and had the opportunity to see their programs.

Do some more research on the schools and areas (website, etc) and see if there is enough interest there on your part to justify the time and $$ of going to the interviews.

Good luck.

Stay in Ohio....nice school with lots of available resources.