Is There Any Way to Find Out...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sr12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to find out for each dental school: of the number of students admitted to 1st-year, how many graduate after 4 years ?

The thing about asking the schools is it's hard to tell whether they're citing lower numbers of students leaving to make their school look good. No dean of a school wants to say a lot of students leave.

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't think this is a huge issue with schools, with the exception of one or two.

Also, students will tell you at almost every school that if a student doesn't graduate on time, it's their fault because of laziness in completing graduation requirements. That comes from the students, not administration. Just ask this question to students at your interviews. If this was a huge issue at a school, you would have heard about it by now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, students will tell you at almost every school that if a student doesn't graduate on time, it's their fault because of laziness in completing graduation requirements. That comes from the students, not administration. Just ask this question to students at your interviews. If this was a huge issue at a school, you would have heard about it by now.

What I mean is I'm trying to find out which schools make it easy for u to fail out by making the curriculum really hard. I know dental school is hard at all schools, but at some dental schools, it's easier to fail out than at others. I'm trying to find those dental schools where it's easy to fail out.

What I mean is I'm trying to find out which schools make it easy for u to fail out by making the curriculum really hard. I know dental school is hard at all schools, but at some dental schools, it's easier to fail out than at others. I'm trying to find those dental schools where it's easy to fail out.

Anyone?

Personally I don't think that schools try and flunk out students in their programs (this goes for medicine, dental, and pharmacy). All schools generally invest a lot in their students, and they do their best to make them become successful.

Conversely, I've heard law school can be very challenging because of less available help. I've heard several stories where law schools will intentionally try to flunk students out of their programs to "weed out" the good from the best. I have not heard this to be the case with dental schools.