Is there anyone how is done PSA in Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is there anyone who is done PSA (new CVMA exam) in CA?

• veterinarians

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • veterinary students

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

saeidvet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks; I passed BCSE & NAVLE. but unfortunately regarding the CVMA new policy I have to pass the PSA before applying for CPE. Is there anyone who has any experience about this exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello dear DVM; this is a real Canadianize life style. you sleep overnight and the next day you see the new exam!!! from this year (which starts in 2017) who ever wants to apply for CPE has to pass PSA first...apparently that is done couple of times in Canada so far. I registered in Western Veterinary College in Saskatoon on Aug 06/ 2016. We will see.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks; I passed BCSE & NAVLE. but unfortunately regarding the CVMA new policy I have to pass the PSA before applying for CPE. Is there anyone who has any experience about this exam?
I believe CVMA and AVMA have decided to make some changes into the steps, two years ago AVMA starts asking to have a license vet to sign a document states that within the last 5 years you have done one ovarian-hysrtoctomy as a primary surgeon and 5 other surgeries or surgical procedures as assistant vet inorder to be eligible for CPE

I believe CVMA and AVMA have decided to make some changes into the steps, two years ago AVMA starts asking to have a license vet to sign a document states that within the last 5 years you have done one ovarian-hysrtoctomy as a primary surgeon and 5 other surgeries or surgical procedures as assistant vet inorder to be eligible for CPE

How could anyone fulfill those requirements if they aren't licensed?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
How could anyone fulfill those requirements if they aren't licensed?

I just looked it up (should have done that first). It has to be in the last 5 years anywhere -- including the applicant's home country. Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant here.....I guess since sometimes the process itself can take 3-4 years, at least

I just looked it up (should have done that first). It has to be in the last 5 years anywhere -- including the applicant's home country. Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant here.....I guess since sometimes the process itself can take 3-4 years, at least Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I just looked it up (should have done that first). It has to be in the last 5 years anywhere -- including the applicant's home country. Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant here.....I guess since sometimes the process itself can take 3-4 years, at least Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just looked it up (should have done that first). It has to be in the last 5 years anywhere -- including the applicant's home country. Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant here.....I guess since sometimes the process itself can take 3-4 years, at least

I think you can do it anywhere as long as the supervising doctor is licensed and recognized by the AVMA

I think you can do it anywhere as long as the supervising doctor is licensed and recognized by the AVMA
PSA is only in NEB not ECFVG. anyone who wants to apply for CPE in Canada from now has to pass this damn PSA first.

Hello dear DVM; this is a real Canadianize life style. you sleep overnight and the next day you see the new exam!!! from this year (which starts in 2017) who ever wants to apply for CPE has to pass PSA first...apparently that is done couple of times in Canada so far. I registered in Western Veterinary College in Saskatoon on Aug 06/ 2016. We will see.

Hello saeidvet,
Can you please share your experience with the PSA? How was it, how did it go for you? Any tips on how to prepare?
I registred for the PSA the coming 1st october 2016 in Charlottetown.

Thank you!

PSA is only in NEB not ECFVG. anyone who wants to apply for CPE in Canada from now has to pass this damn PSA first.
sorry I meant the CVMA, the problem is that it states that the document must be signed by a licensed doctor so what if I don't have any licensed doctor by the board in my home country?

they cancelled the Aug one and postponed it to Sep 24. we'll see what happens.

Hi
I live in Toronto and pass BCSE &NAVLE,preparing for PSA&CPE
any advice regarding these are welcome,I have NEB file ,
especially please share any experience with PSA
please contact me by e.mail [email protected]
Good luck every body

Hello saeidvet,
Can you please share your experience with the PSA? How was it, how did it go for you? Any tips on how to prepare?
I registred for the PSA the coming 1st october 2016 in Charlottetown.

Thank you!
Have you done PSA? How was the exam? Exit interview?

Hi

I have PSA exam on June 10th, 2017 at WCVM in Saskatoon, SK.

I have following questions

1-Is it correct “ for surgical scrubbing of hands and arms,the surgeon don’t need to use brush”?

2-All sterile skin preparation must be done before surgical attire?

3-The order of 11( eleven) sections of PSA

Do you recommend any educational site or video that useful for PSA preparation.
[email protected]
Best Regards

I am applying through NEB - CVMA. I know that once you passed BCSE and NAVLE, candidates have an option of obtaining "Restricted License" to practice under supervision. Then you can do surgery for PSA. I am waiting for my NAVLE result. If I pass, I will apply for a restricted license.

can anyone who has done the PSA tell me how it went for them? any advice?

PSA is done on a cadaver, therefore you should not be worry that much for the surgery part! It is only the celiotomy technique and right closing. The majority of the sections are about keeping your sterility and patient's sterility.
As there is no exact date for the exam and also the minimum number of applicants for CVMA to schedule PSA, it is important to submit your application and put your name in the waiting list. If you felt your not ready you could always defer to the next PSA and they keep you in the waiting list.

Read the PSA Manual from CVMA WIKI.

I am applying through NEB - CVMA. I know that once you passed BCSE and NAVLE, candidates have an option of obtaining "Restricted License" to practice under supervision. Then you can do surgery for PSA. I am waiting for my NAVLE result. If I pass, I will apply for a restricted license.