-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is there anything I need to bring to inperson interview?
Started by student306
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Confidence and a good attitude.
Who's doing in-person interviews!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iowa and Loyola were doing them (optional) 2021-2022 cycle so I’m guessing those two are probably continuing to offer themWho's doing in-person interviews!
student306
Full Member
yea loyola
No CVs. No papers. Don't be that guy.Do I need to bring things like CVs, papers I have published, etc, to an in-person interview?
No CVs. No papers. Don't be that guy.
I personally disagree with this. I thought the same in my previous cycle so I didn't bring anything. When I walked into my first faculty interview, the interviewer asked me for my resume/CV. I said I did not bring anything with me because I thought the school already sent over my apps to him, to which he responded I should have prepared better and sent me to his office assistant to get my CV printed.
Bottom line is you'd never know what would happen. Just prepare to the best of your ability.
seasonal flowers and a decent bottle of wine
Also Texas A&M EnMed trackWho's doing in-person interviews!
UT Tyler (our newest Texas school, inaugural class size 40)
SHSU (DO school)
UIWSOM (DO) gives in person or remote option
Interviews are not for show and tell.Do I need to bring things like CVs, papers I have published, etc, to an in-person interview?
Ask the programs and the admissions staff. I have had (dental school) applicants bring hand-held sculptures to their interviews, and all that did was raise the tension among all the candidates.
Last edited:
Technically our interviewers aren't supposed to receive bribes, but the admissions staff would gladly accept on their behalf. 🙂seasonal flowers and a decent bottle of wine
Jefferson interviews are in person as wellWho's doing in-person interviews!
Massive yikes. I'm all for swallowing pride at times but this is like YouTube prank level of cringe.to which he responded I should have prepared better and sent me to his office assistant to get my CV printed.
I wonder if Zoom will remain an option over the next few years. Makes things a lot easier in regards to flights, hotels, and not missing schoolwork.Who's doing in-person interviews!
If this happened at my institution I would relieve the interviewer of his duties.I personally disagree with this. I thought the same in my previous cycle so I didn't bring anything. When I walked into my first faculty interview, the interviewer asked me for my resume/CV. I said I did not bring anything with me because I thought the school already sent over my apps to him, to which he responded I should have prepared better and sent me to his office assistant to get my CV printed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our wily old Admissions Dean would do the exact same thing!If this happened at my institution I would relieve the interviewer of his duties.
Adding: no, you don't bring your CV unless there is a significant improvement, and if so, you hand it to the director of admissions, period. Sometimes the interview is supposed to be a closed file interview; the admissions staff should make that very clear to all participants and interviewers in advance. Sometimes we redact biasing information from the application. The interviewer only has access to the application, or as much as the admissions committee process allows interviewers to have.I personally disagree with this. I thought the same in my previous cycle so I didn't bring anything. When I walked into my first faculty interview, the interviewer asked me for my resume/CV. I said I did not bring anything with me because I thought the school already sent over my apps to him, to which he responded I should have prepared better and sent me to his office assistant to get my CV printed.
Bottom line is you'd never know what would happen. Just prepare to the best of your ability.
This begs the question though what should someone do in that nightmare situation? Or do you think this is such a bizarre scenario that taking the L and printing the CV is on-demand worth it?Adding: no, you don't bring your CV unless there is a significant improvement, and if so, you hand it to the director of admissions, period. Sometimes the interview is supposed to be a closed file interview; the admissions staff should make that very clear to all participants and interviewers in advance. Sometimes we redact biasing information from the application. The interviewer only has access to the application, or as much as the admissions committee process allows interviewers to have.
One complains to the Admissions Dean. A second interview would then be very likelyThis begs the question though what should someone do in that nightmare situation? Or do you think this is such a bizarre scenario that taking the L and printing the CV is on-demand worth it?
Yes, the materials available to the interviewer fall under the responsibility of the admissions staff, so basically the interviewer should divert this energy towards the staff about why he/she doesn't have the application/CV. Chances are that if the faculty member doesn't have the application, he/she could be missing the evaluation form for your interview.This begs the question though what should someone do in that nightmare situation? Or do you think this is such a bizarre scenario that taking the L and printing the CV is on-demand worth it?
This interviewer is a jerk. He was the one that was unprepared, not you. Unless the school explicitly advised you to bring something, there is no reason to bring anything but yourself.I personally disagree with this. I thought the same in my previous cycle so I didn't bring anything. When I walked into my first faculty interview, the interviewer asked me for my resume/CV. I said I did not bring anything with me because I thought the school already sent over my apps to him, to which he responded I should have prepared better and sent me to his office assistant to get my CV printed.
Bottom line is you'd never know what would happen. Just prepare to the best of your ability.
oh wow I did not know it was not my fault haha. For all these years I always beat myself up because I thought I did something wrong and this was probably one of the reasons that contribute to my WL. Welp thanks everyone you all definitely make me feel better!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 768
D
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 2K