Medical Is there anything more I can do about reporting harassment during interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew9Thirtyfive

kitty cat yin yang
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. During an interview, I was asked illegal questions and sexually harassed. I reported this information to said school, and they offered me another interview. I did not take the interview, and withdrew my app.

Is there anything that can be done? Is this even worth reporting to the AAMC?
First of all, sorry you had to go through that.

You did the best thing you could do. It’s likely that it was limited to that interviewer or a small number, but the school can’t address it unless they know about it. You reporting it possibly prevented it from happening to anyone else. The fact that they offered you another interview says to me that it’s not a cultural thing at the school.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems to me like it may just be that interviewer. Like @Matthew9Thirtyfive said, they offered you another interview to try and fix the problem so I don't think this is a school thing.

Do you have other offers/interviews? I know that you had a bad experience, but maybe they can make things right if you were to interview again?

Very sorry to hear about this. AAMC would not do anything to the school based upon your report, this is not at their level of responsibility.

But if the school's admissions office is anything like mine, you can rest assured that that interviewer will never interview again.

Can you share what questions were asked of you? P.m. me if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.