Is there anything to do but wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grunermann

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I shouldn't complain because I have interviewed at two schools, but I don't have the "stellar" credentials that some people here have and haven't received any acceptance letters (or rejections). I guess I'm just wondering, are a lot of you in a similar situation? If you really want to interview with a school, should you contact them? Is there anything to do but watch Scrubs and ER?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain. I have a feeling my file is sitting in several "Hold For Further Review" piles, so I neither get the satisfaction of an acceptance, nor the finality of a rejection. I'm learning that no news is good news-- at least I'm still in the game until the rejection letters start piling up. Keep waiting & don't waste your time on ER; reruns of Family Ties on Nick at Nite are far more entertaining at this point. How can you not laugh at Alex P. Keaton's Reaganomics & jokes about Star Wars? :D

How funny that you specifically mention Family Ties, praying4MD...

I have become ADDICTED to the Nick at Nite reruns since beginning this application process! My absolute favorite is the one where they wreck the family car and decide to pay for it by renting out the house as a bed and breakfast while the parents are out of town. Things of course get wildly out of hand and at one point there is even a kangaroo in the living room.

That show was so funny--to think I never appreciated it when I was a kid!

Members don't see this ad :)
Family Ties is the absolute best 80s TV show ever! That episode with the kangaroo is hilarious. I can't believe I actually had a crush on little Alex way back when. :oops: The show still cracks me up, even now. I wish I had more time to watch it though. I always miss my favorite episodes. I love the later ones where Nick is Mallory's boyfriend. The two of them are so stupid it is funny. Add Skippy & Alex and it's a formula for laughter. Overall, I wouldn't watch it if it weren't for Alex's anal retentive Republican personality. He made the show. :D

I don't have cable :( I watch Eastenders every week though!

EastEnders?!! You sad, sad case. :D I left off when I left London ages ago. When Sanjay was still on! Yup, a long time ago. Try watching Casualty now (The British ER,) or if they're still playing Fawlty Towers, that is the Absolute FUNNIEST show I have ever seen in my life. Go out and rent an episode if you can. You won't regret it. I have never laughed so hard at TV until I watched Fawlty. I'm a huge fan of it, but I don't think they're still playing it. :( Luckily, I recorded a recent marathon they had on BBC America. Yes!