Is there case studies to help learn anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jasminegab

psych student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if there are site online that help us learn anatomy beside sheer memorization.

Members don't see this ad.

there is nothing to anatomy other than "sheer memorization."

The anatomy book for Underground Clinical Vignettes has some good practical anatomy cases. There are also good case examples in Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy.

Members don't see this ad :)
u of michigan med school has a great website for this!! very interactive.
i can't recall the URL but i can get it for you when i'm at my own computer. . or if any umich students know it.

edti: just realized you were asking abt case studies. actually, the website doesn't have any of those. it is just interactive 'straight' memorization :) which i happen to think is more fun than looking-at-a-book 'straight' memorization!

I also highly recommend A.D.A.M. Interactive Anatomy & the Practice Practical, both of which are available for about 100 bucks through JourneyEd.com. You'll have to fax them a copy of your student ID. The program is normally around $500.

It allows you to do virtual dissections. Very realistic!

I used moore's, but toward the end I read it less and less. I think I focused on the blue boxes. As far as lab goes, it's repetition, repetition, repetition.

I'd recommend the blue boxes in Moore's as well, but I'd go for the essential Moore's and not the full blown version (unless you're the gunner type) :)

dochoot said:
I'd recommend the blue boxes in Moore's as well, but I'd go for the essential Moore's and not the full blown version (unless you're the gunner type) :)

Thanks everyone, I was told by another student of a Intergrative Medical Curriculum site which is better than looking at pictures in a book and trying to memorize the pictures. This site is awsome and it even has virtual dissections. It's costly, for a full year it cost $195 dollars but you all access to all parts. I'm not in clinicals so I only signed up for what I'm studying right now. It does have some case studies, but not that many. Keep in mind that my school does not do dissection labs so, I get to do it online. This site does a good job at it and shows real bone. I'm already feeling confident about Human Anatomy all ready. :thumbup: