Is there data on one vs. multiple interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess for now all that’s left to do is focus on the ones that I have. I’ve heard of some people getting 5 interviews and no acceptances, others getting 1 interview and an acceptance. Balls in my court. Hopefully, I still have a clutch gene (tend to do better under pressure). Will be taking a break for SDN starting tomorrow to begin intensive prep. Good luck to everybody else in this thread on upcoming interviews. I’ll post updates to this thread after first two interviews. Third isn’t until a bit later in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess for now all that’s left to do is focus on the ones that I have. I’ve heard of some people getting 5 interviews and no acceptances, others getting 1 interview and an acceptance. Balls in my court. Hopefully, I still have a clutch gene (tend to do better under pressure). Will be taking a break for SDN starting tomorrow to begin intensive prep. Good luck to everybody else in this thread on upcoming interviews. I’ll post updates to this thread after first two interviews. Third isn’t until a bit later in the cycle.
Haha, it can be strange sometimes. I saw a person last cycle get their first interview in October- to Harvard. I read an article by a Stanford med student who was interviewed and accepted solely at Stanford. My student interviewer last cycle at Cornell was accepted only to Cornell.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
@gonnif

I was wondering if you had data on the time in which most applicants receive interviews. Do they tend to come in bunches or are they usually spaced out. If somebody has 3 September, how many more would they typically receive with 40 schools still undecided?

Members don't see this ad :)
@gonnif

I was wondering if you had data on the time in which most applicants receive interviews. Do they tend to come in bunches or are they usually spaced out. If somebody has 3 September, how many more would they typically receive with 40 schools still undecided?
Didn't want to butt in but it's annoying at this point.

You keep asking the same questions over and over again. Wasn't this question the point of this thread to begin with?
You already went through the process yet you highjack and ask questions on so many different threads as if you have NO idea what this process is all about.

CHILL OUT. Seriously. NO ONE is going to know how many interviews you're going to get, how would that even be possible!? Think about how ridiculous that question is for just one moment. Just chill bro. I'm applying right along with you and best thing we can do is to be patient.

Ok, don't wanna be KnightDoc and write a whole damn essay for every little question but it was bugging me to keep seeing you ask similar / bizzare-o questions all the time, talk about finance or whatever random though pops into your head. Not trynna be a jerk here just giving it to you straight.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
@gonnif

The med school interview invite process can't be quantitated as if you're trying to divine the best investment opportunities in say, gold coins. Yet you keep trying to do this. It's not merely annoying, it's worrying.

If you are this anxious now, how are you possibly going to survive the furnace of medical school, which can break even healthy students?

It seems like you're trying to ascertain if you can get a third II, as if that will magically live up to LizzyM's rule of thumb about "interviews three, a doctor you'll be (note: rule of thumb, not Law of Interviews).

And this doesn't even begin to get anywhere near to possibility of being unable to either get a residency, or get licensed to practice.

Which bring a few questions to mind.

Back when you were selling/possessing drugs, were you also using?

If so, were you self-medicating?

If so, for what?

If so, how are you going to avoid relapsing?

The med school interview invite process can't be quantitated as if you're trying to divine the best investment opportunities in say, gold coins. Yet you keep trying to do this. It's not merely annoying, it's worrying.

If you are this anxious now, how are you possibly going to survive the furnace of medical school, which can break even healthy students?

It seems like you're trying to ascertain if you can get a third II, as if that will magically live up to LizzyM's rule of thumb about "interviews three, a doctor you'll be (note: rule of thumb, not Law of Interviews).

And this doesn't even begin to get anywhere near to possibility of being unable to either get a residency, or get licensed to practice.

Which bring a few questions to mind.

Back when you were selling/possessing drugs, were you also using?

If so, were you self-medicating?

If so, for what?

If so, how are you going to avoid relapsing?
more along the lines of using than selling. I never actually sold any and haven’t done any since it happened. I have 3 but would like more to clear my anxiety.

Given that med school is a furnace, I repeat:

How are you going to avoid relapsing?
Working the program, sponsoring others, keeping up with hobbies/non medical classes outside of formal classes, volunteering, not going to social events that could be risky, undergoing regular testing with my provider etc.

I know it’s stressful, but so was undergrad. It’s better for me to be busy.