is there still hope? :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nonaley

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if i havent recieved any interview offers, :scared: (its already April!!) Should i just give up? or is there still hope? any info will be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

nonaley said:
if i havent recieved any interview offers, :scared: (its already April!!) Should i just give up? or is there still hope? any info will be appreciated
when did you apply? to which schools? and which ones already gave you an answer and which ones didn't?

There is hope but it would be better that you start preparing for the next cycle. It's coming. ;) Just to be safe!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Time to start looking at alternatives: grad school, job, etc

Also get ready for the 2005 cycle, I believe the earliest you can apply is in July..

gatorfan.

P.S- give us your stats

2005 cycle starts: May 17, 2004.

It's only 4 weeks away.

Call up NYU, it's not too late for that one.

If that's a no-go, think about grad school, or an extra year before applying for the 2005 cycle. Good luck.

nonaley said:
Which school?

I would go for it, regardless of whether its late in the game or not. Worst case scenario, you gained an experience if you don't get accepted, and helps you re-apply for the coming cycle.

Go get them.

ziptree said:
Call up NYU, it's not too late for that one.

If that's a no-go, think about grad school, or an extra year before applying for the 2005 cycle. Good luck.

Your chances of getting an interview now are near zero and you need to prepare for the next cycle. Sorry to break the news to you but the other replies are giving you false hope

NYU is being picky this year, so this late in the game you will need decent stats...even for NYU standards

When did you apply?

If you applied before december, your numbers must need work and post grad will be your best option

If you applied january or later, your numbers may not be an issue...just your timing so get things in early this time

nonaley said:

this will probably be the one post of mine that i hate writing.
i am affraid the answer to your 1st question is "yes" and the 2nd one "NO".

by now most schools have filled up their classes and the chances of you getting an interview is very slim.

i think the smartest thing to do is to call afew schools and ask them what was wrong with your stats and fix it and get ready for the next cycle.

good luck!