Quantcast

Is this a decent schedule for first semester freshman year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corticophile

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi there,

Sorry if this is a common question that y'all are tired of hearing. Just was curious as to how my schedule looks and if others would consider it to be too difficult/overwhelming. I am in the honor's program as well.

Required classes:

Intro to Health Professions (1 credit hour)
General Chem 1 (4 credit hours)
Honor's seminar discussing border theory and immigration rhetoric (3 credit hours)
Honor's college peer mentoring (0 credit hours but meets one hour a week, I don't entirely know what this is)

Additional classes:
Calculus 1 (5 credit hours)
Brain & Behavior (3 credit hours)

Total: 16 credit hours

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a common question that y'all are tired of hearing. Just was curious as to how my schedule looks and if others would consider it to be too difficult/overwhelming. I am in the honor's program as well.

Required classes:

Intro to Health Professions (1 credit hour)
General Chem 1 (4 credit hours)
Honor's seminar discussing border theory and immigration rhetoric (3 credit hours)
Honor's college peer mentoring (0 credit hours but meets one hour a week, I don't entirely know what this is)

Additional classes:
Calculus 1 (5 credit hours)
Brain & Behavior (3 credit hours)

Total: 16 credit hours

Thoughts?
I agree. You should be fine.

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sounds a little too easy.

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted804295

You should be fine. Neuroscience courses tend to be difficult at my Uni so if it's the same at your Uni you will likely be spending the most amount of time on that brain and behaviour course.

Chemistry should be a breeze since it's just a repeat of highschool and calc isn't difficult.

If the brain and behaviour course at your uni is more anatomy focused then your first semester should be a walk in the park.

DrYuke

Reaction score
The only thing I have to say is that you should be careful with your workload. High school is very different from college, and there are a lot of people that I have known that have had to drop classes their first semester and/or ended up with low grades because of the rough transition.