georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi all,

I just took a free NS full length this past weekend (after just getting done with content review) and scored a 502 with a breakdown of 126/124/125/127. My previous test scores include a 497 (TPR prior to content review), 497 (AAMC FL #1 2 weeks later), 495 (TPR 3 weeks later). C/P and CARS have fluctuated within a couple of points but I've consistently scored 126 and 125 on B/B and P/S respectively on every FL that I've taken. With that being said, the past couple of weeks, I've taken 2 CARS section tests from TPR and scored 127 on both. Here's what I want to know though. When I started my NS FL, I noticed from passage 1 of C/P that I couldn't highlight at all. Every time I tried to highlight something, it would highlight everything prior to that. Nevertheless, I pushed on because I needed to take a FL to see my progress. Every test that I've taken so far, highlighting has been ESSENTIAL for me to keep track of the info in the passages (ESPECIALLY CARS)

Is it fair to say that I would have likely scored at least 1 point more (only a difference of a few questions) on each section if I were able to highlight? I'm definitely one to refer back to passages for content to "prime" my brain so I can retrieve the right information.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help!!

Coltuna

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student
This is so hard to predict. How much longer do you have to study? It's likely this length score wouldn't be indicative of your score on the real thing anyways.

OP
G

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
I originally had August 19th as my test date but decided to delay it to January because I needed a lot more time to practice that I didn't have while going through TPR's course.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

About the Ads

Coltuna

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I originally had August 19th as my test date but decided to delay it to January because I needed a lot more time to practice that I didn't have while going through TPR's course.

Oh so you're still fairly early in studying then. I wouldn't worry about this one test!

OP
G

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
Oh so you're still fairly early in studying then. I wouldn't worry about this one test!
Yeah well from what I've read, NS tests tend to be fairly accurate representations of AAMC tests to a certain extent. Much better than TPR for sure. So I'm actually slightly pleased with how I did, given the circumstances in which I took the test and that I haven't done much of anything in the form of real practice.

Coltuna

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Yeah well from what I've read, NS tests tend to be fairly accurate representations of AAMC tests to a certain extent. Much better than TPR for sure. So I'm actually slightly pleased with how I did, given the circumstances in which I took the test and that I haven't done much of anything in the form of real practice.

I know you mentioned scoring 125 on P/S section on each test. I would recommend you turning the 100 page khan academy doc on reddit into notecards. You could easily raise this by 1 point at least if you know everything in that document.

OP
G

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
I do have the 100 pg KA doc and plan on reviewing that for sure. I was pleased with my score on this last one compared to the one prior to that because that one was taken roughly halfway through content review so there were things that I didn't know which caused the lower score.

About the Ads