Is this a pipe dream?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vickluxe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello..

So I'm a vet student hopeful, I will graduating next fall( hopefully) with a bachelors in Biology. I would like to apply next summer. However I'm really weary about even applying. My GPA isn't strong, I can improve by the end of my undergrad but I won't be anywhere near ~3.6, if all goes well i d be near 3.0. I've taken many classes over, and I even left my colleges vet tech program to be bio. By the time I apply I would have approx 3 years as a vet assistant, and hopefully some volunteer work in south Africa on a wildlife preserve. I will be taking the GRE next year as well.

Seeing all of the high gpas worry me that my application will not even be looked at, is this only a pipe dream for me? Should I look into other career choices?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello..

So I'm a vet student hopeful, I will graduating next fall( hopefully) with a bachelors in Biology. I would like to apply next summer. However I'm really weary about even applying. My GPA isn't strong, I can improve by the end of my undergrad but I won't be anywhere near ~3.6, if all goes well i d be near 3.0. I've taken many classes over, and I even left my colleges vet tech program to be bio. By the time I apply I would have approx 3 years as a vet assistant, and hopefully some volunteer work in south Africa on a wildlife preserve. I will be taking the GRE next year as well.

Seeing all of the high gpas worry me that my application will not even be looked at, is this only a pipe dream for me? Should I look into other career choices?

At the top of the Pre-Vet forum is a stickied thread called, "What are my chances?" If you post your information in the format that is used there and give some more detail, people could give you some advice and ideas.