Is this a red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seals44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes. Yes it is. It's a giant red flag. You need to get out now.

Members don't see this ad :)
As much as it is to an English major who hasn't published a New York Times bestseller.

Or a Chemistry major who hasn't synthesized a new compound.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it a red flag to be a language major, but never travel to the country of your major during undergrad?

I thought it would be, since my reason for studying the language in question is to expand my way of thinking by studying a group of people drastically different than me. However, I've asked one med student so far and he said it would be no issue at all.

Note: During the rest of undergrad I'll be unable to travel there due to interviews senior year, and doing primaries/secondaries the summer between junior and senior year. I'm actually about to turn down an all-expense paid trip for 10 days there to completely focus on the MCAT this summer, so my thought is that if the topic does come up, I can play it to my advantage by showing it was a horribly tough decision to make, but my dedication to medicine comes above all else.

So... is it a red flag?
You might as well stop right now and consider janitorial school

I thought it was at least a borderline issue that would have people on both sides of the fence... but I guess it has absolutely no effect on my application at all. Thanks guys!