Is this a valid update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

connerwonner

Reaction score
I know a lot of schools usually just ask for publications as updates and major things like that. The basketball team I coach recently won the district championship and I'm wondering if that's something I can relay to schools or just keep that information to myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Your question when you're deciding whether something is worth an update should be: is this something that will make a difference in whether I get interviewed/accepted or not?

Weak on clinical experience and have spent 500 hours working as an EMT since you submitted? Yep. Already have 2000 hours of clinical experience and got a couple hundred more? Probably not. Got a major award or publication? Sure.

Do you think whether your basketball team was state champ will make people more interested in offering you an interview or an acceptance? I would guess not.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the team and their coach! Do you have a team pic? Could be fun to send along

I know a lot of schools usually just ask for publications as updates and major things like that. The basketball team I coach recently won the district championship and I'm wondering if that's something I can relay to schools or just keep that information to myself.
Nice news, but not update worthy, even in the state of Indiana.