Is this Anybody's Status from Adcom: We have decided that we can't decide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pride4jc727

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anybody has been given the letter that you are a very competitive or competitive applicant and that a decision on acceptance or placement on the alternate will be made next month or something along that line?

Members don't see this ad.

So I guess there are no SDNers who applied to RWJMS and got placed on the very competitive category with a future evaluation that will lead to an acceptance or waitlist placements?

I guess I am in a class all by myself!

dude relax. i see u posting about this all the time. your time will come. I believe that will turn into an acceptance as it sounds better than a waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, plenty of people have been put into that category before. i know its hard but you really need to relax because frenzied posting about it is not going to make you hear back any sooner. i know it sucks waiting. i received the very competitive category letter in october and was told i would hear in february. needless to say i did not hear anything unitl mid march. be patient, you will hear something eventually.

if you really want to read more about people in the past in the competitive category do a google search of sdn and competitive category and you will find the new jersey schools thread from the past few cycles like 05,06,07.

Hey, guys, before you get annoyed with me and my postings, I just want to say that I am putting things in perspective about how admissions and the adcom do their decisions and the types of letters they send out.

Here is what I know:
a. The class is full as of the moment. This is a bummer because the class is overbooked and their is nothing I can do about it.
b. While the class is full, Ms. Kramer said that they are starting to get withdrawals from accepted students and that this starts anywhere from early April to May 15th. Once they know how many they are accepting for the class, they then start taking people off the high-priority waitlist.

Other than that, here are the four types of decisions the AdCom can render:
1. Acceptance
2. Waitlist
3. Rejection
4. Re-evaluation at a later date (decision on acceptance vs. waitlist)

Then there are five types of letters sent out:
1. Acceptance
2. High Priority Wait List (Accepted but class is full)
3. Very Competitive Category (Acceptance vs. Waitlist)
4. Wait List
5. Rejection

I am still optimistic despite the class being full and I do think I should send a letter of intent because after having the orientation session and the tour, I believe I know the ways in which I can best help the school and how the school can best help me. Alright, I am going to shut up now and worry about the things I can control.

you've really got to chill out. you cant go back in time, and you've done everything you can. just wait it out and calm down.