Is this bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wrestlerkid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I just finished my first semester of pre-pharm and I got a B+ in Gen. Biology I & a B- in Gen. Chemistry I (which I don't get why because my number grade was an 84). anyways, is this bad for my application? I mean the only science scores on my app will only be those 2 grades and the grades for Gen. Bio & Gen. Chem that I take this semester, right? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Alright so I just finished my first semester of pre-pharm and I got a B+ in Gen. Biology I & a B- in Gen. Chemistry I (which I don't get why because my number grade was an 84). anyways, is this bad for my application? I mean the only science scores on my app will only be those 2 grades and the grades for Gen. Bio & Gen. Chem that I take this semester, right? :confused:

A couple of B's are going to be ok in your pre-requisites. If you do well and get A's in upper level science courses, you'll be fine.

How are those the only 2 science scores on your app? Are you trying to squeak into the entering class of Fall 2010? If not, then you have enough time for your Bio II and Chem II scores to be added to your apps (and hopefully show an upward trend in your coursework grades). Realistically, you might even have enough time for other science grades to be added too (the organic chem series, physics).

No, I plan to begin in Fall 2011, but apply early in the cycle (September), & by then I would have only completed General Chem. 1 and 2 & General Bio. 1 and 2.

How are those the only 2 science scores on your app? Are you trying to squeak into the entering class of Fall 2010? If not, then you have enough time for your Bio II and Chem II scores to be added to your apps (and hopefully show an upward trend in your coursework grades). Realistically, you might even have enough time for other science grades to be added too (the organic chem series, physics).