is this bogus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blando

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
www.medassistant.org they are offering an online dental assistant "accredited" certificate saying that you can complete it in like 6-8 weeks, is this bogus? what do you guys think, do yall know of anyone who has done this? If I could use that certificate to get a part-time job as a dental assistant i want to do it, but i don't know, it sounds kind of fishy. check it out and tell give me your opinion!

Members don't see this ad.

www.medassistant.org they are offering an online dental assistant "accredited" certificate saying that you can complete it in like 6-8 weeks, is this bogus? what do you guys think, do yall know of anyone who has done this? If I could use that certificate to get a part-time job as a dental assistant i want to do it, but i don't know, it sounds kind of fishy. check it out and tell give me your opinion!

The "half" price tuition special of 600 and some odd dollars wasn't enough of a giveaway?

Worth every penny until the working interview....

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I know, the majority of the training for such programs or hands on. Doesn't seem to me that you could do this in an online class.

medical assisting is different than dental assisting...so even if the program were legit...it wouldn't help all that much more than having no training at all in getting you a dental assisting job. But beyond that...obviously...even if it is accredited, it isn't useful in a practical sense since you get no hands on experiences.