Is this considered an oral presentation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Strange

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I participated in a few "virtual morning reports" for Clinical Problem Solvers. It's open to anyone to present a case of which I presented two. When I was in medical school, my Dean of Education said that it was appropriate for my ERAS application for residency, but I just wanted to confirm if anyone here has been in a similar situation or thinks it's unwise to list these presentations for Fellowship apps. Again, these are not presentations for which I was invited they are open to anyone to present on the topic of their choosing and it's presented like a morning report (these videos are are catalogued on YouTube).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any sort of peer review prior to being allowed to present? If yes then I’d say this counts.

If not, I would likely list this under “other”. Online media appearances are worth including, which is what this kinda sounds like, but it’s certainly not on the same level as a peer reviewed oral presentation

Is there any sort of peer review prior to being allowed to present? If yes then I’d say this counts.

If not, I would likely list this under “other”. Online media appearances are worth including, which is what this kinda sounds like, but it’s certainly not on the same level as a peer reviewed oral presentation

No formal peer-review. By that I mean, I had to get my case presentation "approved" by the curators of the website which they read over prior to presenting the case. Still, that kind of technicality to me seems like a stretch to list it under "Oral Presentations".

Hmm, I was otherwise going to label this under Volunteer Experience, but "Other" should work as well