Medical Is this considered non-clinical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope that I can get some clarification on this.

As an undergraduate student I spent approximately 400 hours over one year as a health worker in my resident hall. I am having a difficult time determining if the activity would be considered clinical or non-clinical. Here is the description of the role and responsibilities of the position:

Overall Responsibility:
"Health Workers help student residents Be Well Do Well using communications and other activities that promote healthy personal and community practices, including self-care, risk management, and appropriate use of health care services. Health Workers are not doctors, paramedics, or pharmacists and are not trained to provide medical triage, diagnosis, services or medications but are still a valuable “local first point of contact” in their units. Health Workers (HWs) act individually and as a HW team in their unit. They also collaborate and serve as a liaison with unit and center staff to minimize student health problems (e.g. alcohol and other drug use/abuse; stress; infectious disease; and mental, social and sexual health issues) and maximize student success and wellness. Health Workers are responsible for the activities below.

Community Health Education
Health Tips – Write, copy and post in residential bathrooms and other common spaces weekly
Use unit communications resources effectively, e.g. bulletin boards, social media, email, and word of mouth.
Tabling, Door to Door Outreach, Presentations and Workshops on topics customized for the community.
Consult and assist staff and Residential community leaders with health-related plans and programs.
Special Projects – 8 hours per academic year in miscellaneous outreach and liaison activities.
Individual Health Promotion Advising, Resources and Referrals
Be available (in person, by phone and online) to offer residents individual advising, resources (information, safer sex & first aid supplies) and referrals from a knowledgeable and non-judgemental peer.
Follow-up with individual residents per request of UHS and community staff.
Liaison Activities
Build effective working relationships with community leaders – meet monthly; establish priorities; collaborate.
Exchange timely and accurate health-related information between Tang and your community"

Thank you!
Because you are not dealing with patients, it's non-clinical

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.