Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
is this considered rehersed?
Started by xoo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sounds natural to me. I would probably talk the same way. Only mine might sound like I wrote a speech and I'm reading off of it just because it's in front of a camera. But if I'm talking to an actual person, it will seem more like a conversation.
It sounded natural to me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounded pretty natural...I don't think she would rehearse that longggg run on sentence there. lol.
She wouldn't say, "it was fun, and it was a challenge" three times if it was written.
i bet that is you!
I was going to say I would not be surprised if it was her, but the OP is a pre-pharm student, so definitely not.
Besides, the video is for Rhode Island, and I think the OP is from california.
I was going to say I would not be surprised if it was her, but the OP is a pre-pharm student, so definitely not.
Besides, the video is for Rhode Island, and I think the OP is from california.
boy you're like a detective. sheesh we are both nosy people
boy you're like a detective. sheesh we are both nosy people
Maybe because the girl in the video is pretty and we wanted to know if we were talking to a pretty girl

Maybe because the girl in the video is pretty and we wanted to know if we were talking to a pretty girl![]()
i dunno. I am a straight girl who has a boyfriend. so maybe that is why you are watching it. I am just nosy. haha.
i dunno. I am a straight girl who has a boyfriend. so maybe that is why you are watching it. I am just nosy. haha.
Oh sorry. I didn't know you were a girl. I just assumed you were a guy
I usually can't tell what gender someone is unless it's obvious from their choice of words or the username.The video is too rehearsed for two reasons:
1) She did not attempt to look at the camera. That makes me feel like she was trying to recall what she had been preparing.
2) She used too much gestures. I can see her whole body moving back and forth, left and right, as well as her hands were twisting.
1) She did not attempt to look at the camera. That makes me feel like she was trying to recall what she had been preparing.
2) She used too much gestures. I can see her whole body moving back and forth, left and right, as well as her hands were twisting.
The video is too rehearsed for two reasons:
1) She did not attempt to look at the camera. That makes me feel like she was trying to recall what she had been preparing.
2) She used too much gestures. I can see her whole body moving back and forth, left and right, as well as her hands were twisting.
Whoa whoa whoa, using your hands while you speak isn't a bad thing. Especially when you use them kinda Billy Mays style rather than being nervous, those are your weapons. It doesn't suggest she's rehearsed this.
But your #1 is absolutely true.
Maybe because the girl in the video is pretty and we wanted to know if we were talking to a pretty girl![]()
👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it's rehearsed and the girl is beat.
That girl is not beat lol
The video is blurry, and that's probably why you're saying that, but if you look closely you can see that she is not beat.
That girl is not beat lol
The video is blurry, and that's probably why you're saying that, but if you look closely you can see that she is not beat.
depends what part of the country you live in...if you're from miami or san diego, she's beat. if you went to an 80/20 male/female engineering school, she's one of the hottest chicks on campus. everything's relative...
Wow, is there a new definition to the word "beat" or something?
Am I horribly wrong for thinking it means "tired"?
Am I horribly wrong for thinking it means "tired"?
Wow, is there a new definition to the word "beat" or something?
Am I horribly wrong for thinking it means "tired"?
i thought beat meant tired too. I am confused as to how beat is meant in this case.
i thought beat meant tired too. I am confused as to how beat is meant in this case.
I've heard that used in a way that refers to lots of lotion and used kleenexs
only other way I could think of
Beat in this case refers to (urbandictionary quoted)i thought beat meant tired too. I am confused as to how beat is meant in this case.
UrbanDictionary (oh joy) said:Extremely ugly; probably derived from "beat with the ugly stick"
straight out ugly. disgusting and hideous. atrocious.
LOL I feel old...I definitely am not keeping up with the "lingo" of today's youth 

You're not even OLD!!!LOL I feel old...I definitely am not keeping up with the "lingo" of today's youth![]()
OLD = 50+
I don't think its rehearsed but she's cute.
I don't think its rehearsed but she's cute.
👍 I'm glad someone agrees

In my opinion, too much hand motion. Makes me think she's obviously nervous. So yeah, it looked more natural (naturally nervous) instead of rehearsed.
I've heard that used in a way that refers to lots of lotion and used kleenexs
only other way I could think of
Ewwww... 👎thumbdown 🤣
it's rehearsed and the girl is beat.
And your are just a fountain of hotness yourself ? 🤣
The girl is fine, I just don't exactly understand why she would make vlogs of herself/her experience in pharm school, but whatever floats her boat.
The girl is fine, I just don't exactly understand why she would make vlogs of herself/her experience in pharm school, but whatever floats her boat.
It can be used for self-motivation or tracking how she did/how she felt back then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It sounds pretty natural to me, but the fact that she is looking down a lot it kind of makes it seem that it may be rehearsed. If that were cut out then it would be good.
depends what part of the country you live in...if you're from miami or san diego, she's beat. if you went to an 80/20 male/female engineering school, she's one of the hottest chicks on campus. everything's relative...
Men's Fitness Magazine 2009 -
"In our exclusive 11th annual [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]survey[/COLOR][/COLOR], a western city reached the top of the (ski) mountain, while a surprising sun-drenched Mecca needs to pull its head (and belly) out of the sand.
For those familiar with the region, [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Salt [COLOR=blue !important]Lake [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]City's[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] selection as the Fittest City in America might not be much of a surprise. But even we were stunned when our Fattest City turned out to be 2,539 miles away from Salt [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Lake [COLOR=blue !important]City[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], in Miami. Yes, Miami. [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Home[/COLOR][/COLOR] of South Beach, with its images of tight bodies and scantily attired denizens. Yet despite a wide availability of local running and biking trails, Miamians are 35% less likely than the national average to actually use them."
Popular knowledge would have most people believe that South Beach is everything Miami has to offer, but in reality it is just like any other large US city. Plus, we love fast food (Burger King headquarters and Pollo Tropical anyone? Oh yeah can't forget Miami Subs), we have horrible public transportation (college student- "Taking the Metro Fail (rail) to the game bro?" "Nah I'll drive my Hummer"), and we love fried breaded palomilla steak, picadillo, pastelitos, flan, and tres leches. Plus it's wayy to hot to do anything at the beach but lay there and bake.
This was a joke by the way... I love my home and we have really cool people but there are a lot of misconceptions.
Last edited:
I have never, ever heard anyone use "beat" to mean "beat with the ugly stick", and I live in one of the most slang-using cities I've ever lived in, not to mention several years in the military, where one can hear just about everything...
Well, here's to knowledge. And as far as my opinion goes, she's pretty. We have such a misconception in society about what makes a girl "hot" these days. Blame all the 75 pound models...
Well, here's to knowledge. And as far as my opinion goes, she's pretty. We have such a misconception in society about what makes a girl "hot" these days. Blame all the 75 pound models...
I have never, ever heard anyone use "beat" to mean "beat with the ugly stick", and I live in one of the most slang-using cities I've ever lived in, not to mention several years in the military, where one can hear just about everything...
Well, here's to knowledge. And as far as my opinion goes, she's pretty. We have such a misconception in society about what makes a girl "hot" these days. Blame all the 75 pound models...
I've never heard that either until I went to college.
I don't think she is beat either but then again nothing surprises me about what people will say on here so ?
Men's Fitness Magazine 2009 -
"In our exclusive 11th annual [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]survey[/COLOR][/COLOR], a western city reached the top of the (ski) mountain, while a surprising sun-drenched Mecca needs to pull its head (and belly) out of the sand.
For those familiar with the region, [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Salt [COLOR=blue !important]Lake [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]City's[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] selection as the Fittest City in America might not be much of a surprise. But even we were stunned when our Fattest City turned out to be 2,539 miles away from Salt [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Lake [COLOR=blue !important]City[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], in Miami. Yes, Miami. [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Home[/COLOR][/COLOR] of South Beach, with its images of tight bodies and scantily attired denizens. Yet despite a wide availability of local running and biking trails, Miamians are 35% less likely than the national average to actually use them."
Popular knowledge would have most people believe that South Beach is everything Miami has to offer, but in reality it is just like any other large US city. Plus, we love fast food (Burger King headquarters and Pollo Tropical anyone? Oh yeah can't forget Miami Subs), we have horrible public transportation (college student- "Taking the Metro Fail (rail) to the game bro?" "Nah I'll drive my Hummer"), and we love fried breaded palomilla steak, picadillo, pastelitos, flan, and tres leches. Plus it's wayy to hot to do anything at the beach but lay there and bake.
This was a joke by the way... I love my home and we have really cool people but there are a lot of misconceptions.
I should have specified that I meant miami beach, where the only obese are the toruists, and sometimes the girls at Purdy Lounge for some reason. There was hardly a time I would go to the publix grocery on west ave and not see multiple women that would drop jaws anywhere else in the country. Try that at any other grocery store at any random time of day, not happening. The urban sprawl is another story, rice and beans will do that 🙂
Last edited:
I should have specified that I meant miami beach, where the only obese are the toruists, and sometimes the girls at Purdy Lounge for some reason. There was hardly a time I would go to the publix grocery on west ave and not see multiple women that would drop jaws anywhere else in the country. Try that at any other grocery store at any random time of day, not happening.
Well, that girl isn't trying to be a supermodel 😉 , she's pursuing a career in pharmacy - so I don't understand how her looks are relevant at all and why they need to be mentioned. 😕
Well, that girl isn't trying to be a supermodel 😉 , she's pursuing a career in pharmacy - so I don't understand how her looks are relevant at all and why they need to be mentioned. 😕
i only mentioned it because someone else brought it up and i was trying to add to the conversation based on my having lived many places. it's really not relevant at all and if i was single i would hit it sober, no complaints, she's sorta cute, just depends what you get used to seeing every day 🙂
if i was single i would hit it sober, no complaints
This has got to be the funniest and the most backwards compliment I heard at the same time.

Blame all the 75 pound models...
And then you can blame society for such views.
Talk about twiggy.
Unhealthy and obviously waiting to catch a draft like MARY POPPINS! And then you can blame society for such views.
Talk about twiggy.Unhealthy and obviously waiting to catch a draft like MARY POPPINS!
![]()
We have such a misconception in society
Is you blind?
No, but it would seem you are. You only saidIs you blind?
We have such a misconception in society. Blame all of the 75 pound models
Instead of "blame society for that misconception", you only pointed out that society has a misconception.
Just outta curiousity.. why does it matter if she rehearsed it or not?
Its not like shes going to get a fine 😛
(Unless its a fine for being so fine..heh corny I know 🙄)
The person in the video might be the original poster asking if "do I look like I rehearsed it". That kind of thing, you know? Or as a friend asking for your opinion on her friend to see if people agree. Probably getting ready for an interview of such, I would think.
fail on so many levels.... i give you an a for effort on implementing that corny pick up line though... KUDOS my man kudooooosJust outta curiousity.. why does it matter if she rehearsed it or not?
Its not like shes going to get a fine 😛
(Unless its a fine for being so fine..heh corny I know 🙄)
No, but it would seem you are. You only said
Instead of "blame society for that misconception", you only pointed out that society has a misconception.
Obviously BLAMING society FOR the misconception. Attributing to society the fact that there is a misconception, not necessarily not blaming the models as well (Chicken or the egg?) I assert we should blame both. Thought the former would be inferred...
Yeesh, you should try law instead of pharmacy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fail on so many levels.... i give you an a for effort on implementing that corny pick up line though... KUDOS my man kudooooos
![]()
Those things are so nasty. 😱
Nature's Valley then, win.
Similar threads
- Locked
- Question
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 6K
- Question
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 12K