Is this going to be on the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Catayst

Hardest working man in toe business
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Forget curiosity and intelligent discussion, GPA is all that matters.

Be sure and ask every lecturer this question.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's fine to ask about the importance of something, but it gets annoying when people are only concerned about the grade (pre-meds are the worst at this).
I think it would be cool if more people would ask questions just out of curosity, to deviate from the notes more often and talk about recent findings and such.

Seems a lot of lectures aren't even worth attending/ listening to since they just read from the powerpoint and nobody brings up anything new.

Ah but maybe I'm just used to smaller classrooms where this more feasible.

It's fine to ask about the importance of something, but it gets annoying when people are only concerned about the grade (pre-meds are the worst at this).
I think it would be cool if more people would ask questions just out of curosity, to deviate from the notes more often and talk about recent findings and such.

Seems a lot of lectures aren't even worth attending/ listening to since they just read from the powerpoint and nobody brings up anything new.

Ah but maybe I'm just used to smaller classrooms where this more feasible.

Will the information on this post get me a good residency??
(sarcasm):laugh:

i do think its great to be interested and ask questions for clarification, but there are office hours for a reason
that being said- asking if something is going to be on an exam is obnoxious

After 6+hrs of mind numbing ppt lectures day in and day out, no one is curious.

MOst of the time these curious question askers are the ones who weren't paying attention on the previous 40 slides and ask about something that was covered just moments before.

If they had actually looked at their hand out, they would have answered their own question.

As far as GPA collectors, they typically revert back to average lives like the rest of us. It just takes time longer to grasp this concept and indeed understand, that they are in fact,

rather ordinary.

The ones that don't revert back to reality dwell in the ethermist as self-imposed gurus insulting and terrorizing their young student and resident wards.