Is this guy the next Nostradamus or what? Discuss.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCAB

BMB 2.0
Removed
Reaction score
IMG_0882.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Stock market up 57% since this post, wrong.

FBI closing in on Trump was probably inevitable, but correct.

Bitcoin is only up like 15% since this post and have just collapsed, but correct.

Interest rates were super low and bound to go up eventually, but correct.

talks of recession, well given this was 5 years ago, I'm going with wrong. The economy was zooming for years after this until COVID.

CVS didn't close stores because of Amazon. Amazon is clearly not a threat to the vertically integrated pharmacy - PBM - Health Insurance mafias. So wrong.

Pharmacy school enrollments down, correct.

Pharmacist salaries cut, you were right few years, but now you are wrong. CVS just increased the max salaries to the highest amounts ever.

So good job Quasidamus. You were kind of right some of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Nostradamus has been known to make very general predictions that literally anyone could have made, so...

Members don't see this ad :)

Bitcoin is only up like 15% since this post and have just collapsed, but correct.

talks of recession, well given this was 5 years ago, I'm going with wrong. The economy was zooming for years after this until COVID.

CVS didn't close stores because of Amazon. Amazon is clearly not a threat to the vertically integrated pharmacy - PBM - Health Insurance mafias. So wrong.

Pharmacist salaries cut, you were right few years, but now you are wrong. CVS just increased the max salaries to the highest amounts ever.

They increased the max salary cap, yes, but new grad salaries are lowest in history. Hourly rates are 45-50/hr nationwide, yes some a bit higher but if you account for COL they’re actually even lower. What good is a salary cap increase if it can’t be reached by most? It’s for show, just like the law change in California where pharmacists have no metrics, but the pharmacy still has them. Pharmacy is a crossroads deal, now more than ever in history.

Reactions: 1 users
They increased the max salary cap, yes, but new grad salaries are lowest in history. Hourly rates are 45-50/hr nationwide, yes some a bit higher but if you account for COL they’re actually even lower. What good is a salary cap increase if it can’t be reached by most? It’s for show, just like the law change in California where pharmacists have no metrics, but the pharmacy still has them. Pharmacy is a crossroads deal, now more than ever in history.

Yeah chain retail salaries for new grads definitely went down. 45-50/hr with only 32 guaranteed hours has been the norm around here for the past few years.

Also BTC was 14k in Dec 2017. It's 24k now, that's a 71% increase.

I'm showing stock market up like 75% since this post. And my house is up about 100%. And I believe my salary has increased 28%.

In summation: In 2017 I was poor, in 2022 I am rich. And I never bought a bitcoin.

PS: Talks of economic slowdown or recession? WTF does that mean? How's the joke go? "Economists have predicted nine of the last five recessions" or something like that.

PPS: In secondary summation: I deride your banned accounts future telling abilities.

CVS is closing stores due to online competition. And who dominates the online business? Amazon

View attachment 358359
They are closing 300 unprofitable stores a year for three years. But they continue opening hundreds of stores in more profitable locations. None of this really has anything to do with Amazon. Again, they are making money from having a vertically integrated corporation.

Sorry, still rating this as wrong.

Any fun predictions for 2027?

Any fun predictions for 2027?
Ron Desantis for president. I’ll somehow miss the good ole days of Trump.

The Supreme Court will have rolled back gay marriage and all other privacy-based rights expect possibly inter-racial marriage.

Gas will go up. Democrats will be blamed even when we have a republican executive branch and Republican legislators.

The culture war will have claimed more victims. People will live in fear of being cancelled. Musk owns Twitter but has failed to save us from the bots or increased free speech in any meaningful way.

Full self driving from Tesla will be just 12-18 months away.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Oh I forgot to make pharmacy predictions.

Rite-aid will be on the verge of bankruptcy. CVS and Walgreens will be cutting their retail footprint.

Pharmacist and tech salaries are on the decline.

There are tech practitioners who can verify under non-direct supervision.

The Supreme Court will have rolled back gay marriage and all other privacy-based rights expect possibly inter-racial marriage.

Gas will go up. Democrats will be blamed even when we have a republican executive branch and Republican legislators.

The culture war will have claimed more victims. People will live in fear of being cancelled. Musk owns Twitter but has failed to save us from the bots or increased free speech in any meaningful way.

Highly doubtful about the self driving.

The technician prediction is solid IMO. I was the one who made the post about technicians being the future of the profession and I still believe it. Today's pharmacists are actively advocating for techs to have their responsibilities and state boards have ignored our cries for a long time. It's inevitable that they give us what we ask for. We'll have technician counseling in some form or fashion within the next few years too.

I already have technicians running our ambulatory care clinics. The only reason we have a pharmacist on site is to make sure we stay within the bounds of the law. Welcome to the future.

Members don't see this ad :)

you definitely put the F in fun

well, I don't know much about ANYTHING, can't guess what happens tomorrow morning, BUT I do know cars.
TESLA, or any of the other 50 thousand high tech car companies WILL NOT have Full self-driving cars, ever!
Musk and Bezos will not be riding from NYC to LA in a self driving car and live to tell about it.
On the open road/interstates, there are too many variables, inconsistencies, and flaws that would seriously deter and crash a computer driven auto.
NOW, Geo-fencing specific downtown areas is doable. You can map specific metro locales and your driverless UBER can take you there.
I think I, ROBOT with Will Smith had the future cars figured out. An ugly, shapeless pod of a car(Tesla) self-driving around the city, and when it left the city, the steering wheel would pop out for the human to use.

KCAB - is that you BM? Have you returned?

Dude you totally live in my head rent free! Very impressive! So glad your back! You probably don’t even remember me and that’s okay, I wouldn’t remember me either.

You were wrong about me never being able to buy a house again when I sold in 2018.. I did, in fact, buy and sell another home since then.

Renting now and investing large amounts of cash for returns instead. Alright - destroy me bro! Tell me how stupid I am!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'm wanting to dump way more into real estate. The current housing crisis is a goldmine for a lot of us. The only fear I have is anti owner laws like rent control or rent assistance mandates in large cities

Quasidamus owes me a beer in like a year or so

My hard earned tax money is not enough?

Didn’t I say this would happen? People were saying student loan would be a money maker.

“The U.S. Department of Education substantially underestimated the cost of the federal student loan program and will likely lose $197 billion on student loans issued over the past 25 years. According to the Government Accountability Office, the Education Department initially projected student loans from 1997 to 2021 to generate $114 billion. However, their projections were wrong by $311 billion.”

Looks like the tax bomb is kinda fixing itself.

I just need the power ball numbers thank you.

My hard earned tax money is not enough?

Didn’t I say this would happen? People were saying student loan would be a money maker.

“The U.S. Department of Education substantially underestimated the cost of the federal student loan program and will likely lose $197 billion on student loans issued over the past 25 years. According to the Government Accountability Office, the Education Department initially projected student loans from 1997 to 2021 to generate $114 billion. However, their projections were wrong by $311 billion.”

If counting federal taxes paid, the entirety of my student loans has been paid for like…twice over or so.

I think half is the COVID pause, yeah? Oh well, my philosophy on it is that it is just students getting what they deserved (and what Boomers got in the past) the entire time, state subsidized education.

It’s like one big stimulus racket. Ah well.

If counting federal taxes paid, the entirety of my student loans has been paid for like…twice over or so.

I think half is the COVID pause, yeah? Oh well, my philosophy on it is that it is just students getting what they deserved (and what Boomers got in the past) the entire time, state subsidized education.

It’s like one big stimulus racket. Ah well.

Except for some reason you guys don't want people like BMB to get reimbursed.

It is not a “stimulus” when you can no longer print money without inflation. Debt doesn’t just disappear. It gets transferred

I was alluding to university largesse — the bumped up tuition in response to federal loans creates these giant, sprawling economies, especially in smaller towns/states where they are the primary employer.

No one wants to actually reform the federal student loan system because both parties have these influential constituents/employers in their districts.